Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Sealine S24 Kad32 DPE Outdrive - Geeting Antifreeze into seawater System

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Where did you stand the Bucket of water because I have very little space in the engine bay of the Sealine S24. Or did you use a long hose and stand it on say the swim platform

Dennis
    It was sort of wedged between the hot water tank and the alternator.

Default Re: Sealine S24 Kad32 DPE Outdrive - Geeting Antifreeze into seawater System

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    I did the same but they simply wouldn’t work - just couldn’t get the engine to pull the anti-freeze through so ended up using the pipe to the intake on the raw water pump and bucket method.
    Yes I found the same as you. Cured this by gravity feeding antifreeze mix to muffs through a short length of pipe and funnel.
    Also used a large container to collect antifreeze as it exited sterndrive. Of coorse you need a second person to start /stop the engine!

Quote Originally Posted by simonfraser View Post
    putting AF in, why not just take the lid off the water strainer and poor it in direct with the KAD running ?
    only for min or so, not going to overheat, or will it all splat out ?!
    The impellor is on the intake side so it doesnt work i.e. nothing to push it through the sytem with the strainer lid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    The impellor is on the intake side so it doesnt work i.e. nothing to push it through the sytem with the strainer lid off.
    ah indeed, just checked on my KAD 44 ....

Many thanks for all the input. It would appear that for quite a simple and job that is probably carried out by many people some are doing it one way and others another way, Some not at all and some doing ti but not realising that perhaps they are not doing it properly

Well done volvo for making it so clear and of course making it easy...…..
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Many thanks for all the input. It would appear that for quite a simple and job that is probably carried out by many people some are doing it one way and others another way, Some not at all and some doing ti but not realising that perhaps they are not doing it properly

Well done volvo for making it so clear and of course making it easy...…..
    I owned an S24 with a KAD32 for several years.
    Hose thing plus a bucket of antifreeze worked a treat.
    Doing it another way by draining everything is an equally valid approach, but it can be tricky to find the drain points,
    Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    I owned an S24 with a KAD32 for several years.
    Hose thing plus a bucket of antifreeze worked a treat.
    Doing it another way by draining everything is an equally valid approach, but it can be tricky to find the drain points,
    Your choice.
    Thanks Flower Power. The thing I am finding very hard is to find out the internal diameter of the hose that connects to the bottom of the in on the strainer housing so I can make up a pipe thing.

I think it is either 1.25 or 1.5 Inch..... Asked a volvo dealer and been all over the net no one seems to know

Dennis

on a KAD 44 it is 32mm external diameter of the in / out pipe, just measured it on the old spare pump at home.

Quote Originally Posted by simonfraser View Post
    on a KAD 44 it is 32mm external diameter of the in / out pipe, just measured it on the old spare pump at home.
    Thanks Simon that is very useful. I have bought a 32 and a 38 so should have it covered, assuming it is the same size on a KAD 32

Thanks Simon that is very useful. I have bought a 32 and a 38 so should have it covered, assuming it is the same size on a KAD 32
    just checked with 32mm braided hose, well that does not go over the lip of the inlet, not even on the workbench
    might go if i heat it up, but that is extra 'fun' i can do without on the boat
    so stretchy rubber hose 32mm internal or bigger is needed ....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast