Thread: Project 31

Default Project 31

Hi all, I purchased a Project 31 a couple of years ago, built in the mid 70s by Marine Projects of Plymouth (UK) who were the founder to what is now Princess Yachts.
    its a lovely old girl had both engines overhauled c/w the legs, refurbed the front berth with just a few bits and bobs to complete.
    Not being into boating for that long a period I would be interested in any other Project 31 owners that I could pick there brains for useful hints and tips.

Thanks Freddie

Default Re: Project 31

Hope you enjoy your boat once she is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie100 View Post
    Hi all, I purchased a Project 31 a couple of years ago, built in the mid 70s by Marine Projects of Plymouth (UK) who were the founder to what is now Princess Yachts.
    its a lovely old girl had both engines overhauled c/w the legs, refurbed the front berth with just a few bits and bobs to complete.
    Not being into boating for that long a period I would be interested in any other Project 31 owners that I could pick there brains for useful hints and tips.

Thanks Freddie
    Think you will find this website interesting, as I recall he re-engined with 1.9 Peugeot diesels, though I believe he sold it some years ago.
    http://www.leomagill.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie100 View Post

Thanks Freddie

Would put this post on the Thames Forum, quite a few Princess 32 on the Thames and Medway
    According to my little book 200 Project 31 were built between 1966 and 1974 and they were based on the Senior 31 hull which started life out in 1963.The Princess 32 hull was moulded with modified stern all 2000 of them.
    Also mentions the RLM 32.
    Last edited by oldgit; 02-12-19 at 12:32.

Not sure if one and the same but this Project 31 is undergoing extensive restoration locally

https://www.facebook.com/TheLadyMuck/

Don't forget Princess restored one recently and took it round all the shows.
    https://project31.princessyachts.com/

My first cruiser, bought in 1984 was a Project 31, built in mid 70s with twin volvo 75hp diesels, which were actually revamped Peugeot diesels, so spares from the motor factor were far cheaper! We kept her for 7 years and used her regularly at sea with wife, three children and dog. Speed was around 8 knots.
    One trip back to upper Thames from Southwold took around 14 hours!
    Looking back we were very brave, but then much younger and fitter!