Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Picking crew up from GDG on the 5th

Picking a crew member up from Charles De Gaulle, Terminal 2E on Thursday by car. I know about the strike but have been assured by Air France and Euro Tunnel that it should be ok. So, question, I will be driving from Calais around the north of Paris to the airport. Any one else done this and has detailed knowledge of what exit to take and where to park?

Default Re: Picking crew up from GDG on the 5th

Wondering where is GDG, I opened the thread out of curiosity, thinking Golfe du ?? Right country anyway
    "Now shall the gentleman haul and draw with the mariner"
    John Hawkins

The IATA code for Charles De Gaulle airport is CDG.
    Gosport NCI - Call us on Ch 65 for a radio check if passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    Picking a crew member up from Charles De Gaulle, Terminal 2E on Thursday by car. I know about the strike but have been assured by Air France and Euro Tunnel that it should be ok. So, question, I will be driving from Calais around the north of Paris to the airport. Any one else done this and has detailed knowledge of what exit to take and where to park?
    Look at the airport website and buy a satnav.
    Last edited by Poignard; 03-12-19 at 14:10.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Lorient, just back from a second round Atlantic trip

Have you looked at this site, it shows every terminal in detail; coming by the highway it s best to follow local traffic signs: there are a number of construction sites all around and inside the airport (building new terminals, transports, etc) so there are unpredictable deviations

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/passage...ver-mon-trajet

Best luck, it will be a black day for moving in and out of Paris, you have the advantage of simply dipping from the north.

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    look at the airport website and buy a satnav.
    Harsh but fair

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Have you looked at this site, it shows every terminal in detail; coming by the highway it s best to follow local traffic signs: there are a number of construction sites all around and inside the airport (building new terminals, transports, etc) so there are unpredictable deviations

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/passage...ver-mon-trajet

Best luck, it will be a black day for moving in and out of Paris, you have the advantage of simply dipping from the north.
    Thanks for the info, unlike some who prefer to treat this place like the Lounge. Thats what I was after.

Lorient, just back from a second round Atlantic trip

Thanks for the info, unlike some who prefer to treat this place like the Lounge. Thats what I was after.
    Also, before approaching the capital have a look here too, both give real time traffic the first is at national level, the second for Ile de France (CDG is located to the NE, it s the black slightly bigger airplane symbol (the smaller one is Bourget)

https://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/

http://www.sytadin.fr/

From Calais you can either go through Amiens (A16 highway) or Arras (A1), for the airport I d prefer the second path as it brings you directly at the airport. The A16 brings you more to the west and you have to take the N104 national road towards CDG which can be very busy even in normal days

calcdg.jpg
    oh no, yet another sailing blog
    http://sybrancaleone.blogspot.com/

It should be in the Lounge; it's a thread about driving a car to an airport. The connection to yachting is tenuous, to say the least.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    It should be in the Lounge; it's a thread about driving a car to an airport. The connection to yachting is tenuous, to say the least.
    Is it Current Affairs?

Who knows?

Richard

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast