Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: tcm thread no 3

Default Re: One more thing.....

He hasn't mentioned. Will txt him

tcm is offline Registered User

Yes The Berth is free. Port Vauban advised he was on his way and berth is free.

All it will need is a lick of paint to spruce it up after the last visitors. By the way John. I am arriving tonight, as there is a barrier does this mean I will have to walk the length of the pontoon carrying my luggage after the taxi drops me off or is there a secret code to let taxis on the pontoon.

Mrs TCM

jfm is offline Registered User

When you get to the barrier tell the taxi driver to push the red button located right by the keycard slot. Taxi driver can then talk to capitainerie and say he is a proprietaire du taxi avec client, and the barrier will be lifted. Taxi man will have to do the same on his way out. This has worked for me about 3 times but the taxi drivers can be stroppy (one tried to dump me and my bag but I refused to get out of the car or pay him, so he complied with instructions) and indeed the capitainerie can be stroppy (suspecting it is an ordinary punter trying to get a free park space on the quai).

Also they have built some awkward bollards so if you are approaching Mole sud from the direction of Paul's quai, say from Le Transat direction, the taxi driver has to do a hairpin U turn to get onto the right hand side of the quai. you'll see what I mean. Being French, this will put him in a bad mood for the above button pressing procedure

So give it a go, but get in habit of taking your key card home for the next time you arrive. If you need another for the crew the capitainerie will give you a second card for 50 (per annum, aaargh!)

I'll send a PM about antibes fuel

Have a nice weekend. It's gonna be sunny. I'm sorry I wont be there this weekend

Txt from Matt at 10:20 this morning. Flat seas but thick fog. 20nm off Hyeres

Fabulous. Hyeres is a bit under an hour from St Trop, and St Trp is an hour from Antibes. Even with fog (which surely will burn off as the sun rises?) they will be in Antibes this afternoon. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And probably in need of a decent rest. An excellent trip on which to be a virtual spectator - well done to all involved. Some of the best stuff on the forum for a while!

Rick

Exactly. Txted him back saying home run and well done

Default Arrived Antibes!

He just called me to discuss new Antibes fuelling procedures. He's at the Cap D'Antibes right now. All pretty euphoric down there, fantastic trip. First stop the fuel berth, then he says much boat cleaning is required [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Default Re: Brill !

Excellent stuff. I'll bet they are pretty euphoric too. Epic trip

djefabs is offline Registered User

Brendan this must have been one of the best threads ever, many thanks and many congratulations to Matt and all concerned.
    Rules are for the strict adherence of fools and the guidance of wise men