Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hardy is offline Registered User

Default Re: Samurai Auto & Marine Ltd

Warnings taken on board, it just became a challenge really
    KISMET HARDY

hardy is offline Registered User

They still wont answer in anyway however odd way to do buisness!!!
    KISMET HARDY

Take the hint, destroy their phone number and forget you ever had it......
    Rgds

Simon
    Ocean Deep
    Fairline Sprint
    Volvo 4.3GXi

duncan is offline Registered User

facinating situation developing as a new eBay user now holding top spot in teh auction for White Eagle II.

Named 3min one has to wonder if this is a prediction as to (1) how long the boat will take to actually get on the plane (2) how long it will float or (3) how long the engine will run at cruising revs or above.

My bet would be on (3)............... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Wrote to the seller to advise them that their statement

[ QUOTE ]
    The engine is fully marinised and the Outdrive leg has also been converted to a Duoprop to take advantage of the diesel re-placement engine. The duoprop conversion cost 1400 on its own.

[/ QUOTE ]

is inaccurate because the leg is the original 290 DP unit that came with it's VP 5.0 petrol engine - certain markings on it, including what's left of an old hydrofoyle fitted to the skeg make ID from thier pictures rather too easy!
    Surprisingly they haven't amended it at all - a mistake I feel as they could validly claim they were only postign what they were told until they were told otherwise; possibly grounds for a buyer to be able to repudiate in due course?

I really hope some nice family don't end up with a pup - it may well all be sorted but without knowing it's run properly you just aren't going to know.

Went for 17200!! Hope someones not gonna be too disappointed, it was a lovely boat once, broke a few hearts and wallets (literally) recently though. What do you think the chances are in a "not as descibed" case???? P

and it's going to end up back in Poole too!

Looking at the guys profile and buying habits, in best Brendan detective manner, looks like a family with at least 2 real young'ens..........I really hope it's not going to be a [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] disaster..............

Have sent them an e mail telling em to look on here, might be a help, feel a bit sick now you've told me that!! P

Couldn't before he won - last minute job.

What can you say either - only know the history to a certain point, and have already written to the seller pointing out a clear inaccuracy in their particulars. I might write to the buyer with that info though............

Is that really a choc block connector being used to connect two power cables together?

Not sure which pic you mean but no doubt the weight saving by omitting battery boxes will improve the performance no end [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] There seem to be enough wiring loose ends to cable up another engine......

What's the gap between the aft prop and the cone, my DP doesn't seem to have that feature [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Rgds

Simon
    Ocean Deep
    Fairline Sprint
    Volvo 4.3GXi