Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    KevB is offline Registered User

Default Re: alright then

Ok, My boat has 3 seasons of 'normal' antifoul applied, so for next season I intend to scrape it all off and start again. What would you recommend?
    It's a 35' 38knot motorboat, located on the south coast and does a couple of hundred hours a season.

wakeup is offline Registered User

Coconuts according to scuttlebut, apparently they don't get fouled on their sea journeys to new islands.

Get your self a load of bounties mashed up in some copper coat.

well the antifouling i produce can be used in all sort of waters. it has also been approved by the enviromental agency. There should be no old antifouling on the hul before you apply any new stuff as this would peel. this can be removed by sand blasting, or you colud alternativly use strippit. an antifouling remover we also produce.

Copper plus (my antifouling) lasts for up to 10yrs if applied correctly. It only needs to be power washed every so often to remove weed around the water line. or you could just take a dive down and wash it off with a cloth. It is also self cleaning so if you take the boat out most of any weed that builds up around the water line will come off.
    Boating Ladette

tcm is offline Registered User

Default scraping it all off

i can recommend removall 610 as a quick way to get back to bare grp, beats lots of scraping.

Milk or plain chocolate?

i would reccomed Copper antifouling. It last so much longer up to 10yrs. It is easy to apply and only needs occasional power wash. if that!!
    Boating Ladette

Default Re: scraping it all off

'Removall 610' Is that genuine or will it melt my grp?

Also another product that removes old antifouling is 'strippit' You just leave it on over night and blast it off in the moring
    Boating Ladette

tcm is offline Registered User

nope, genuine stuff, use google to find uk stockist. I used it and didn't melt grp,. specially designed for the job, lifts the paint so qucik liftoff with massive scraper for easy disposal is best option (and not blast with a jetwash until mostly all off) - 2 of us got a 76foot hull totally clean in a single day. Halve the qtys they say you need, bosh it on with a brush, leave overnight.

How much does copper plus cost to apply to as 35' boat and what makes it different from copperbot?