Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Default Re: Scuttlebutt to Cherbourg 2005

reeferjon,

Its a big bit of water, but with the amount of boats that are going, you'll definitely have company of one sort or another.....

In support of Steve's comments, theres bound to be another Gosport/Portsmouth based boat going though......

Don't worry about your first x-channel trip... its a breeze... you'll wonder what you were worried about after you've done it..... my experience is that its the traffic in the TSS that concerns most people.... its not like the M25.... I crossed 3 weeks back, and only saw one ship on the way out, and that was in the Dover Straits which is far more 'packed in' than in the central english channel..... its really a lot less tense than you are probably expecting....

Does the skipper require an ICC to berth in Cherbourg? It's quite confusing as to when it is and isn't required. I get the impression it's for inland waterways...
    ---------------------------------------------
    MacSailing.net - Marine Computing for Macs
    http://www.macsailing.net

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

No you don't need ICC, you are right it is only for inland.

YOu will need boat papers though, ie SSRand Bill of Sale stuff to prove VAT. I haven't been asked yet, but others on the forum sometimes say it can be expensive if you get caught without them.
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

Cool... have to sort out my SSR though! Can you add me to the "official list": Boatname: "Reefer", Trapper 300 (27ft). 2 x crew: Jon Knight (me) & Nick Egan.

Thanks!

Jon
    ---------------------------------------------
    MacSailing.net - Marine Computing for Macs
    http://www.macsailing.net

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

Gotcha. You will go on the list next time I update it - having a little difficulty accessing my own site at present! Many apologies for the omission which was my oversight. Will look forward to seeing you there.
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

Default RDV ....

We are leaving Chichester Hbr mid afternoon friday for night crossing .... arrive midday saturday ... VHF call - Yacht Superanne .....

PM me if you want to do in company ....

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213