Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scuttlebutt to Cherbourg 2005

Ken,

I distinctly heard Nicho say that he wanted to sail with you again, as he enjoyed the slog out to the dark side of the IOW......

You can book me in as well, assuming boat not sold. Ptolomy's Muse, Najad441, LYMington, crew tba, if any spare berths, I'll post nearer the time

Good to hear from you David - will look forward to seeing you again. I have noticed Ptolemy's Muse for sale in a few ads ......... and dream of being able to buy her !!
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

OK! I missed the chance last year having no boat at the time, but this year I'm in!

I may have crew places, will confirm later.
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

[--word removed--] - date coincides with last race of the EAORA season which I have alredy commited to [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Room for a little one? Subject to teaching commitments and anybody wanting an RYA "likkel" powerboat instructor as crew of course [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Also hoping to make it in "Ty Dewi" so pencil me in please

Default Doris to Cherbourg

Doris Minor will be making it this year so long as no-one has bought her. Haven't even thought of crew yet!
    Real men do it two handed

Default OK - if small boats like me .... any link-ups ??

Just a thought .... there may be other small boats like mine on this jolly .... I'm a 25ft motor-sailer .... I'll be setting off from East Solent via Nab to Cherbourg .... (at least hope so - have to check work req'ts !!) .... now anyone else in slow sailing job like mine ? Would be nice to link-up and sail across together ... not only moral support but also safety in numbers ... not that my boat is unsafe - far from it ...

Can anyone give an idea of costs on this jolly - actually which Yacht Club / basin etc. at Cherbourg end - is it the one inside the second breakwater before Basin de Commerce ? etc.

Are small boats like me going to be sorted into moorings suitable instead of a holy free-for all of 40's, 30's and 20's all jostling ??? Sorry to be a pain .... but having had a 'large' boat sit against me in a raft before ..... I'm not one for a repeat !! (I was ashore and came back to the situation ... !!)

I'm not trying to add to the work-load ... just interested !!

So anyone who fancies a link up for the crossing ..... PM me please .....

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings

Default Re: OK - if small boats like me .... any link-ups ??

Nigel ,

Re Chbg, we tend to tie up on the eastern visitors pontoons in Chantereyne Marina (P&Q?), so no rafting, finger pontoon suitable for up to approx 38'. longer boats lie outside the last walkway, alongside, and may have to raft two deep.

Cost - normal Chatereyne fees - from memory about 20€ a night for a boat your size. Communal meal will be approx 30€ per head with some wine included. What you spend on extra wine, or elsewhere ashore apart from that is up to you.

Quite a lot of boats made the crossing last year, so there's usually one or two people in sight, but I'm not aware that previously there were any buddy boats. But there are no rules, so if you want to gang up, please do. We nominate a working channel so 'butters can VHF each other if neccessary. We also circ mobile phone numbers so calls can be made person to person while in moby range.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast