Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    duncan is offline Registered User

Default Re: Scuttlebutt to Cherbourg 2005

I really fancy running over late Friday or early Sat in Phaeton if the weather makes that realistic, probably sh but you never know. would only do so in company though. Neaps too should help.

As has already been suggested I was already on board Asterie a couple of years ago before SWMBO apparantly knew I was even going which led to an interesting conversation and little chance of last year..... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Needless to say I haven't actually got round to discussing things for this year yet and things will be very much dependent on how well the holiday period goes.

Observer (Tim) did the trip in his Sealine last year, and was well recieved with only a small amount of good natured barracking from raggies, so I'd encourage any mobo's who want to join in to do so. Haven't seen him posting much recently, but if he was doing trip again, sure he'd travel in company.

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Observer's was the first boat I've ever seen with a ceiling-stowed cockpit table. I think it even had one of those US-style product liablility stickers on it. Went something like...

"Warning. Do not drop this on your head when opertaing heavy machinery, you thick sod. It might cause pregnant women"
    Next time, it'll all be different.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I do hope he's reading!

I would like to come on my 28 foot twister "Twist Again" based Portsmouth Harbour. I will also need a crew as well if anyone interested

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

Blimey - another Twister ! We don't see any for 2 years and then two come at once !! D)

You will be more than welcome Paul - hope you can find crew - please let me know when you have, so I can update my records.

Fair winds
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

Default Sorted ta ...

I'm flying in with swmbo and her pal -so quite a load ... Brothers meeting us - they are staying ashore while I go and play boats ...... so Conch Pearl and Capabar - you still up for it or not ???? ...
    Thanks for the offer -----

Arr. Stanstead 20 ..... so just time to sort boat ready for off ....

Cheers again

Default Luther + 2 confirmed

So Grumpy old fart and 2 crew will be there ... with that trusty old lady of the solent ... Superanne.

This is costing me a bloody fortune !!!

Sounds like a good trip. Myself and my other half are available as crew so if anybody thinks they can put us to good use, PM me and we can discuss whether we fit your needs.

cheers
    Absolute Tides app - full UK tide coverage
    sites.google.com/site/absolutetides

So Nick,

Whats the latest Tally?

Sounds like a lot of folks are up for this [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Does Cherbourg know what is going to hit it?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast