jointventureII is offline Registered User

Default Nav tips @ the minquiers

Does anyone have any good advice as to how to get to the minkies?
    I want to go there (I have absolutely no reason why) except that every time i pass it, it looks so mysterious, and at the moment it acting as a magnet to get my boat onto those ******* rocks!
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    MH

Default Re: Nav tips @ the minquiers

Read the pilots
    Follow the sticks
    And do it on a flat calm day.
    Oh! And if you are lucky you will see dolphin.

One time when I was working in Jersey a chap took me out there in his motor-boat. He obviously had local knowledge and it was a flat calm day but it really was very interesting once you were there. If only for the use of the most southerly loo in the British Isles.

I came through the passage en route from St Malo to Jersey a few years back. It was dead easy to pick up the marks approaching from the South, (on a flat calm day with good vis). This was close to high water on a neap. The pilot books suggest an approach from the North for your first visit.
    I was using Robson's Channel Island Pilot. This was an excellent series and his CI Pilot has now been updated with colour pictures to complement Robson's brilliant sketches.

jtwebb is offline Registered User

I was given a good leaflet by one of the Jersey harbourmasters which was produced by a local yacht company. It is buried on the boat so can not get it! Have not used iot yet but am hoping to do so, only because it is there.

J Webb
    J Webb