Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Runners and Riders - the official list

MASTER LIST UPDATED FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 1500
    For planning purposes, I have made an estimate of the total crew on each boat, based on facts if known.

At the time of writing, we are oversubscribed. This is not a concern, because we expect to have some drop outs during the coming weeks.

I am now starting a waiting list, for any new names who are not already on the master list. They will be promoted, as and when possible.

By 9th September, we need to know the details from each skipper to complete the list. You can do this by PM or adding to this thread. If I do not hear from you, I will delete you from the list

This will enable TwisterKen to firm up the booking with the Cherbourg Yacht Club, and to forewarn the Capitanerie at the marina. We are assuming a maximum of 30Euros per person, including some wine etc.

After the 9th there will inevitably be changes, due to individual circumstances. Also, being sensible skippers, we fully understand that everything is subject to the weather forecast and there may be late cancellations. We will deal with this at the time.

At least give us a chance of managing the numbers effectively, and allowing other names on the waiting list to be confirmed, by keeping me up to date with your plans. The whole thing works on trust and common sense - easy really!

Finally, please do not add anything to this thread which is not relevent to the Master List.

Many thanks for your undoubted co-operation.

(For those wondering what this is all about, read THIS THREAD )
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

Default Re: Runners and Riders - the official list

Nick
    Well done - we shall be 4 as per your estimate. Leave Gosport Thurs night for St Vaast and round to Chbg on Sat afternoon.
    Are you going straight to Chbg?
    cheers
    Richard
    Skype no: cutter1203

Yep, straight to Cherbourg. Been to St Vaast twice this year, and also want to be in CHerbourg early to count the sheep as they arrive !

We'll be leaving on the Saturday and returning Sunday from Poole with 3 on board

Thanks Fergus. Closer to the time, I will need to know your ETA as it is likely to be late afternoon, or early evening, I presume.

Nick. All ok at this end. Have now got a full crew of 4, including self. Leaving Friday afternoon for arrival early Saturday morning. All, as you say, subject to weather. Regards, Steve.
    Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.

Hi Nick - eta 1800 local time Saturday. BTW have others done it in 2 days? I reckon should be OK if we don't overdo it in the evening!?

Definate 4 one way or another. ETA 0000-0300 Saturday.

Crew Phil, Julian

Adam/Flyingjunior- one or the other.

Alex
    It's easy to forget how great it is out on the water.

thort I replied to this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared - another blond moment!

Fergus, most people arrive by Saturday lunchtime, to allow time for resting, wine shopping, milling around pontoons meeting other forumites, admiring their boats, etc - with the occasional beverage being consumed.

You obviously have to make your own call as skipper, but personally I wouldn't want to arrive an hour before the evening function, allowing time to [--word removed--], shower, shave, and also have to set off first thing the next day to get home. But don't let me influence you ! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Suprised not to see my name on the list already told you we would be there
    Blue Chip 3 peeps on board eta 1800 Saturday

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast