Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Default You\'re right..

I'm part of the arrogant clique that tells people to stop posting and is out to control others on the forum?

Of course you're right Gludy........ After all you always are!
    <span style="color:red">What doesn't kill ... Fattens</span>

Default Re: You\'re right..

"I'm part of the arrogant clique that tells people to stop posting and is out to control others on the forum?"

Your posy was arrogant - membership of any clique has not been established. I find your remarks telling me enough is enough arrogant.

"Of course you're right Gludy........ After all you always are! "

You know on this thread at about post 60 it started to get back to the old personal remarks and I dealt with that very bluntly because I was trying to find out answers to questions and did not wan the thread to just end up with me defending personal attacks.

That remark is a personal one - you do not deal with the issues, do not deal with the rights or wrongs of what is being said ... just get personal.

For the record, to me being right is of no consequence, finding out what is right is - in a way its better to be wrong than right for to be put right means you have learnt more. I totally separate the rights and wrongs of a discussion or debate from any personal issues ... my point on this thread was right but I have learnt more along the way and understood it better than ever before. If evidence is pointing one way or the other it has to be investigated and explained ... that is how find things interesting. Yet time after time on previous threads I have taken the p*ss out of myself and joined in with others doing it - light hearted jokes at my expense are fine with me. I have also openly admitted being wrong when I was wrong ... that does not bother me one jot.

I almost found myself in a debate with someone fairly new on this forum. I realised that they were not real and frankly I found them annoying .... I simply left them alone.... its easy to do. I did not join in trying to get them banned.

We all bring our different characters and attributes to the forum and in so doing help form what it is about. Some like highly technical stuff, others do not .... neither is right or wrong it is up to them. I enjoy technical discussions. If you don;t then do not join in.
    Paul
    St Francis 50 Cat
    http://www.multihulls4us.com

Default Re: Interesting Technical Question

I enjoyed that one! :-)
    Paul
    St Francis 50 Cat

Petrolia is offline Registered User

Default Re: No More Please!!!

"defending what turned out to be a correct position"

I'm not trying to wind you up but I thought the last evidence we had was the trawler yacht data that came down on the side of the free wheelers. Did I miss something. Was it proven to be not relevant or was it descredited ?
    Trying to slip under the radar.

If you read the thread you will see that the direct measurements by the University show the fixed prop had 30% ledd drag than the free wheeling prop.
    We also have other practical reports which support that.
    Further we only have one report that was different to that , the one you refer to - I will be posting on that report soon as it manages to make some maths mistakes etc.

It is well known fact in flying - it is an accepted scientific fact - if you do not agree then please explain the university test results. ... please explai why pilots are trained with the fact that a freewhelling prop offer more drag than a static prop.
    Paul
    St Francis 50 Cat

If you want a guide to by how much a freehweeling prop can consume energy compared to a fixed prop, I have received this from a person with a great deal of expertise in the subect. I can even provide the speadsheet and complicted calculation to show how the fiures where derived by anyone who wished to email me.
    -----------------------------------------------
    For any practical propellor:-

More power must be extracted from the ship to rotate the ‘freewheeling’ propellor to reduce it’s drag than is taken from the ship by the drag of the stopped propellor.

You might quote some numbers, from the spreadsheat, such as:-

Prop dia. 1 m. Pitch ratio 1. Speed 10 knots.

Stopped prop power loss is 27 Kw.

Freewheeling prop power loss is in the range 27 to 91 Kw.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul
    St Francis 50 Cat