Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barcelona

Default Re: Barcelona

Not yet Clive, but we don't leave until January, so plenty of time yet.

jfm is offline Registered User

Default Re: How to get a berth in st trop vieux port

I'm not a big fan of St Trop but the good thing berthwise is that if they wont give you a space then just go to Grimaud. They often will have space and otherwise get there 6.30pm and park for free on the diagonal corner on the left, far end of the fuel berth, and clear off 8.30am or buy fuel (for the tender, as they only do fully taxed expensive diesel). Your boat is just on the limit for parking in this spot, but will be ok. No electric, run gen all night for airco. Also dont do this the nights I'm planning to be there, please, else we'll have to be all British and raft up :-)

Default Re:

Agree with jfm, that's a good spot. You can then use the tender to hop over to St Tropez in. People often berth for the night on the pumps themselves, petrol station opens 8.30am in the summer and 10am in the off season. Would also recommend Club55, Nikki Beach and Tahitti beach on the pampelonne stretch as lunch/early evening stops.

Blimey Maggers, your a bit restless aren't you!!!

Firstly you're looking at other boats just a few weeks after taking delivery of something most of us would give up a limb or a relative for just to have a weekend on board [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Now you've had enough of Majorca !!! You haven't been there two full months yet have you? Even if you have covered the area you say you have I reckon thats only about 5-10 pages of the Robin Brandon pilot book. What about the rest of Majorca and the other three major islands. You can even pop over to the mainland and come back.

We also intend to move on, bigger boat (but we have had our three years) and the dream is to work our way around the Western Med coast, but I reckon we've got a least two more seasons where we are.

Are you really fed up of Majorca already?

Martyn

Nope, not fed up with Mallorca already, but we bought this boat to explore the med and there's a lot more to see than just Mallorca. So if we hang around until January time (we've booked our current berth until then) and hop over to Barcelona for a month or two. We can think about basing ourselves in froggy land for the summer. Then maybe hop down the coast of Italy and explore Sardinia the following year, then Greek Islands, Croatia etc etc. So much to see.

Jobs_a_ good_ un is offline Registered User

Thats my plan are you copying me
    “Fortitudo et Honor”
    http://blog.mailasail.com/cafeseerose[/url]

Sounds great, can we have a tow? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But there are still a lot of magnificent places to visit around the Balearics, another seasons worth thats for sure

compie1 is offline Registered User

Sounds great, looks like w'l have a lot of reporting on the med the comming years and a lot of piccies. Magnum, thanks already for the ones we got!

EME is offline Registered User

A fiver says you get stuck in 'Froggy Land' ... if for no other reason than its rather a good place to explore the Western Med ..

Mind you getting a bit worried about JFM thinking St Trop is a dump (my words) and Genova is quaint ... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Pop around to Sa Colabra on the North coast before you leave.
    Spectacular by land but major wow from the sea.
    Keep your sunny side up :-)