Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lakesailor is online now Registered User

Default Re: Rubbish Postings

The original post didn't argue for choice but suggested the provision of a facility that already existed, or provision of a heavy-handed moderator, who was on your side of course, choosing what was suitable for others to read. What do they call that? ............

I enjoy the rounded facility that these forums offer, without the overbearing Forum Police that other forums have. Of course, nature abhors a vacuam and there are always self-appointed guardians willing to step in the save the rest of us from 'dross'.

My personal view is that peeps like talking, so if there is'nt a "good" topic to discuss then the ratio of nonsense rises. The solution as I've said before is for the carping posters to be proactive in posting "good" discussable subjects. What is noticeable is that the moaners always reappear at this time of year and are significant in that their few posts on SB are moans. So rather being parasitical miseries they would do themselves and everyone else a favour by coming up with discussable topics.
    Jings, bit hot today innit!

aitchw is offline Registered User

The only reason I find any of the problems you mention frustrating is down to the tendency of the forums to hang/slow to snail pace which makes a quick run through the posts impossible. It's best left the way it is, I think, cos I wouldn't want to miss the 'funny' threads that do make me laugh.

Instead of PM's why dont they post here, then we can have a lively sensible discussion about this subject? Isn't that what forums are for?
    Maybe the PM's are from people who do not wish their views to be known?
    Anyway I like the forums the way they are, ignore whoever you wish, I bet you wish you could ignore everybody in life who has different views than your own, then life would be very cosy for you.
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Maybe we could get the forum police to block yours then!
    I don`t think there is anything wrong with the way the set up works at present -- seems to cater for most tast [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]es as far as I can see and would be pretty boring if only ( yours) were viewable.

powerskipper is offline Registered User

Why have you put this post in here and not in the lounge.....................
    ..just wondered [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Cobra25 is offline Registered User

Agree with you totally. The arguments that one might miss something useful doesn't wash. Would you stand around in the bar/restaurant/club while a load of nut scratchers, guffawed, farted and lager belched their way through the evening in the hope they might say something useful. Their wives and g/fs feel much the same as you do but they're stuck. Aren't they...??

You will miss nothing by not seeing or hearing them one wise man in a day will speak more knowledge than they will in a lifetime, nor will they gain the knowledge of that day in their lifetime.

There is a list of AWs and the absence of their drivel from the lives of more (and it's not very hard) intelligent people is akin to not standing in the dung that does such a good job in a far off field.

The lounge would not be suitable, they infect every thing they come near and should be confined, as they were in the old days to the public bar. At least it would be known where they were and they can be avoided.

PS Joy Oh Joy! You can block those less fortunate merely go to their name and click and there you have the option to ignore this person! You can give them their own public bar without any bother.
    It's easy to be honest with a shilling in your pocket.

Did some-one speak?

Cobra25 has a rather limited vocubulary and takes a keen interest in nut-scratching and matters anal.

He often contributes informative posts such as this.

Ah, I see. Only I found this fab button I can click on and ignore anyone I choose.