Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Fairline vs. Sunseeker

I am considering the purchase of a new Fairline Gran Turismo vs. Sunseeker Portofino (both 52 feet). Any input in terms of how to differentiate these boats in terms of quality, fit and finish, ride and price would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Fairline vs. Sunseeker

Unfortunately I am only a Sealine person. I believe that the Fairline & Sunseeker are much the same in quality etc. but I think that you had better get an expert opinion on that. Why don't you just go for a test sail in each & trust instinct. Good luck.

3. Default Re: Fairline vs. Sunseeker

I have been on a test ride on each, yet I am still conflicted. I was hoping someone might know or have experience (positive or negative) with each of the brands

Jobs_a_ good_ un is offline Registered User

I always thought fairline had a better name than sunseeker
    I wouldnt touch a sunseeker over a fairline just my opinion of course
    “Fortitudo et Honor”
    http://blog.mailasail.com/cafeseerose[/url]

compie1 is offline Registered User

I can not say that my opinion is 100% objective but i own a Sunseeker wich is now 13 years old (still in perfect condition) and I can tell you I would def. buy one again in fact we went looking for a new flybridge this year and compared Fairline Princess and Sunseeker all in the 50ft segment , only 1 had the wow factor of design, finishing and style and that was the Manhattan 50, my personal favourite is the Portofino 53 with the hardtop but that is another discussion. (keeping it here or the Med) every Sunseeker owner seems to say the same: if I buy another one it will be again a Sunseeker wich meens a lot… good luck you made a good choice.

stelican is offline Registered User

Take a look at the Azimut/Atlantis 55,hardtop and 3 cabins 2 are full doubles 3 heads and extremely modern. http://www.atlantisyachts.it

mikef is offline Registered User

I dont think there's much difference between either in terms of build quality and hull design so the decision would be down to other factors like price, resale, proximity of a dealer to your cruising location and, of course, personal preference
    I did hear that Fairline were having difficulty shifting T52's so drive a hard bargain with them

KevB is offline Registered User

In my mind Sunseeker are the Ferrari of the boat world and Fairline are the BMW.

So do you see yourself as a Ferrari owner (fast flash geezer who likes taking risks) or a BMW owner (company rep)?? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ari is offline Registered User

Not Ferrari, Porsche maybe, with Fairline as BMW.

Analogy fails when you get to performance tho, as Sunseeker not really any faster than Fairline.

So Sunseeker Porsche's that don't go any quicker, but look the biz.

Like Sunseekers a lot, but feel maybe they're a little too "Peter Stringfellow/Nigel Mansell" for me.
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

ari is offline Registered User

Riva are Ferrari. Or Maserati maybe...
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?