tony345 is offline Registered User

Default Cruisers International 224 Holiday

Hi

I'm a newbie and I've just got a Cruisers 224 Mobo- I'm interested to hear from anyone else who has one - just co compare notes really. Mine has the BMW220 petrol engine

Rgds

Tony
    Steady as she goes, Mr Christian.....

Default Re: Cruisers International 224 Holiday

Hi

Don't know much about the Cruisers except i looked at one before buying my Carrera. I do however know a bit more about the BMW B220 as i am about to remove mine from the boat. PH Marine are the only place to buy parts and given the scarcity of parts they are not cheap!

I have had major problems with mine hence i am now changing it. A number of people i have spoken to have had problems with oil cooler and manifold. Check the water inlet pipe every year as they are plastic and prone to spliting.

Sorry i cannot be more positive but the engine has been the bain of my life for the last year. If you do not have engine manuals let me know, I am happy to organise a copy for you as they are very useful! I may just have been unlucky and could have had the same problem with any engine.

Will
    Good to be back :-)

tony345 is offline Registered User

Thanks Will,

You can also get parts from a place in the states, V12, who advertise on the net - just put "BMW Marine " into google.

So far mine has been fine - lets hope it stays that way.
    Steady as she goes, Mr Christian.....

Tony

I was aware of V12 and on two occassions i have emailed them and never had a response - hence i have only ever been able to get spares from PH Marine.

Glad you have had no problems and PM me if you need the engine and sterndrive manuals

Will
    Good to be back :-)

i used to have the cruisers international 224 great boat if you go to
    http://www.cjrvernon.com
    you will see a lot about my old one

good luck with her
    http://www.cjrvernon.com
    MY BOAT: SEALINE S25 2005
    BOAT NAME: C JAY II

Me too loved it but had the AQ171 which didnt have enough grunt really for the boat fully loaded with gear and people.
    Dom

Default holiday 224

hi folks i have just bought a cruisers international holiday 224 off gumtree for

it has the volvo penta aq205a outdrive engine.the boat was partly submersed in the canal and has a few areas on the hull damaged where she's been rubbing.
    was going cheap so its a bit of a project ;-)

JWArgyll is offline New User

I'm new to this forum (1st post) but not to boating which I've done, on and off, for about 30 years now. I live on the shore of a sea loch in Argyll and am thinking, seriously, about purchasing a 1989 Cruisers International 224 Holiday. She's recently been fitted with a new engine (Volvo Penta V6 GXiEP 4.3 litre), only done 67 hours, new outdrive with duoprop, new gauges, controls, etc., etc. Needs a bit of TLC in the cabin but I could spend time on this during the winter. She would be on a swinging mooring in front of the house during the summer and on a pontoon berth at my local marina during the winter. Any advice out there from existing or previous owners on this particular boat would be really useful. If I've missed out anything important just ask. Thanks.