Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Swimming with dolphins - any danger involved?

hi never heard of any trouble with them here we have lots .and folk and kids swim with them in certian places here . and they are wild ones .come in every day to beaches get fed played with then off they go .i think youed be ok any where with them as long as you did nothing daft .

Location : Home in Chilterns, Boat in Southampton, Another boat in Salcombe

Default Re:No

The only time I tried it, off Crookhaven, they came nowhere near me. Must have been feeding time somewhere else or they're a bit shy. I have swum with the Basking Sharks though. They pay you no attention at all. I don't doubt that the whole idea breaks loads of rules and regs these days.

Ref David 123 There is also a beach in Western Australia where Dolphins daily come to be fed and fussed over by holiday makers. However the Wardens there advise any female who is menstrating not to go in the water as the dolphins become embarrassingly attentive and 'nuzzling'.

Default Re: In a book

as i recall, some one was reported and prosecuted for masturbating a dolphin, his defence was that it was something handy to hang on to when swimming with them, thats all i can remember

hi its called monkeymia and also at tangalooma island brisbane they feed and interact with them but ive never heard that one before .??? also sonsylass comment .ive seen a lot of them here but never seen a BOY one all smooth nothing hanging out of these fellows to hang on to ??? may be only met girly ones must be my good looks ??? and i see 10 20 a day lucky me .

Default Re:No (Re David 123

Thanks for info' I did not visit Monkeymia but learned about it from Documentry film. The warning given by Warders was quite emphatic. Remember anchoring in Tanglooma is it the artificial harbour formed by sinking old ships?

hi yes that right its a great spot in good weather .was over there the other day they are building houses all over the place supost to be a marine park dont look much like it anymore how long ago were you here???

May 5th 1993 Was on passage to Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club a place of many happy memories, as was the whole time spent cruising the Queensland coast. (Very glad now I kept a detailed Log)

TQA is online now Registered User

Spent a happy hour swimming with one in the Bahamas. It taught me to " fetch " using a bit of black bin liner and a some shiny pebbles. At first I was sure it was an escaped " tame " dolphin which was habituated with humans but in conversation with someone from a research team I learned that lone dolphins seem to enjoy games with humans.

Other similar instances were reported in the next few days, on the morning cruisers net, with no evidence of aggresion.
    Monkey patching programmer [retired ]

hi glad to here you had good time here .im lucky i supose as im here all time you stayed in same place im at in wynnum manly its a great spot close to all islands good fishing . and good weather most days . yes its good to keep photos vidio and a record of everything .