Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bristol Channel Meet - Location(s)

Well hopefully we can - or at least enough that people will want to come, at that time of year i should be out for a weeks holiday, and if other people are maybe we can have multiple meets! At thi stage of the game we are just registering interest, nothing firm will be decided for a while. (i would have thought)

Now at sometime or other..probably later in Summer, a C in C to Eire would be

a very good idea..safety in numbers etc...

Steve.

Iím coming and I donít care where or when, [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    how is Gludy getting there he hasnít a boat yet [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Chris

Actually Chris I do have a boat that I own - at the moment its atop a larger vessel being trained how to visit channel ports so that the anew super duper autopilot system understands all.
    Paul
    St Francis 50 Cat
    My Multihull Forum

Anchoring overnight in ou 25 footer somewhere fairly exposed like Lundy is always going to be a challenge for us.

As a compromise are there any other bays where you can anchor but in better shelter.

As for Cardiff Bay, there are visitor pontoons run by the harbour authority which are pay and display, £1 per hour, you can stay overnight (no facilities and you would need a holding tank). however these are near the restaurants therefore handy for food and drinks but can be noisy at week-ends

I could have sworn it says no overnights on the exit where you pay your £ 1 per hour
    ďFortitudo et HonorĒ
    http://blog.mailasail.com/cafeseerose[/url]

Agree there - you have seen my boat! - so having a secondary port is important. Problem is cardif and watchet seem the most logical (IMHO) but i am not fixed on those...

i have to admit i thought you could not stop overnight on the pontoons near cardif, CBYC would seem the best place - but access to places suck. what about the other YC towards cardif? not only that i think they are converting 1 of the old dry docks to a visitors marina thing, but i might be wrong there.

Thats correct .One of the old mount stuart drydocks now has pontoons with electricity,I believe overnighting is allowed there.

. Its only a 5 minute walk around to the Mermaid Quay area and probably quieter for those that want to sleep at least part of the night. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Cardiff Yacht Club is nearer to town than CBYC i imagine they would allow visitors to stop overnight.There is at least one forum user who is a member at CYC .

That would be usefull at a last ditch. i am hoping to make Lundy, but its weather permitting.

If at first we don't succeed (to Lundy) we can try, try and try again!
    Brexit: Taking back our freedom as a sovereign nation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast