Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bristol Channel Meet - Location(s)

Sami, You are right if you are talking about the visitors mooring directly outside Mermaid Quay. This has jsut been extended to take more boats this year. You cannot over night there. Anyway it wouldn't be that comofrtable because you get a swell from the fetch across the bay so lumpy bumpy all night. The new visitors morrings in the old graving dock is a better bet and you can overnight there I've been told so by the HM even though the sings might say not. It is quiet and sheltered there also as someone else has said but only 2 minutes walk to all the restaurants and bars. It is also secure, has electickery and water. There is also a holding tank pump out on the other side of the bay. But no showeres or loos at graving dock morrings. I reckon you could get 20 boats in there at a push.
    Currently boatless........

Sounds like a good venue for the inaugural BCCC p*ss up!
    Brexit: Taking back our freedom as a sovereign nation.

I often use Combe Martin - pretty good shelter, pretty location, loads more room than Ilfracombe, never seen anyone else at anchor there!
    Never be at a loose end with the Yosemite bowline [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<span style="color:red">New!...</span>Warrior/Challenger/Voyager owner's website at <span style="color:blue">longkeel35.org.uk</span>

Just picked up on this topic, I'm based in Cardiff bay at CBYC and I'm interested in joining in the frolics.

Certainly interested in this. Swmbo and I have done Lundy from Swansea 4 or 5 times in my 25 footer with no problems but I too would be reluctant to spend the night at anchor in such a small boat. There are a few buoys in the bay to tie up to so that's always a possibility.

I can also vouch for the fun that can be had launching a dinghy and rowing back to the boat after a skinful in the pub and a treacherous walk down the (very) steep hill in the pitch dark.

Most of the other suggestions would work for me but drying out is not an option if we are sleeping on the boat.

Has a firm date been suggested yet?
    Of all the things I've lost - I miss my mind the most!

No not yet, will start doing stuff soon though.

Leyton gets my vote for being official "arranger of the trip"... we could get Paul with his aussie rope strippers on to make sure there are no lobster pots in front of us on the way over [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Steve

[ QUOTE ]
    we could get Paul with his aussie rope strippers on to make sure there are no lobster pots in front of us on the way over

[/ QUOTE ]
    I doubt if a RN minesweeper could guarantee a pot free passage [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hi everone!
    A new member to your forum and another vessel and crew in Bristol Channel interested in joining you all for a drink etc.

Has Lundy been dropped? Would have been wonderful with a good pub etc and less than 40% chance of comfortable anchorage!

I'm happy with Cardiff, Watchet or Swansea but Milford is a bit far for a long weekend.

I just need a date well ahead, has this yet been decided?

Any boats likely to come from Sharpness/Bristol cruising around 8Kn. ?

Take care

[ QUOTE ]
    A new member to your forum and another vessel and crew in Bristol Channel interested in joining you all for a drink etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello and welcome [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Has Lundy been dropped? Would have been wonderful with a good pub etc and less than 40% chance of comfortable anchorage!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we have not decided on where we are going yet

[ QUOTE ]

I'm happy with Cardiff, Watchet or Swansea but Milford is a bit far for a long weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Milford is out for me as well

[ QUOTE ]

I just need a date well ahead, has this yet been decided?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, We we start the process of dates and places very soon, i just need to get some things sorted out this week...

Then I think i will put some polls up to see what people think.

[ QUOTE ]

Any boats likely to come from Sharpness/Bristol cruising around 8Kn. ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me, i moor in sharpness on the G&amp;S

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast