Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    PCUK is offline Registered User

Default Bristol Channel Cruising Club?

There has been so much interest in this Lundy thing, along with various other suggestions, perhaps it is time to broaden the remit and form an informal BCCC. A club without Commodores and committees, (bin there, done that, bought the blazer!)
    I am thinking along the lines of a web based club (perhaps an internet guru can advise on the practicality of this).
    Anyone who wants to suggest a cruise or meet up, places the details on the site and those who are interested put their names forward and make the arrangements via the website.
    Club members could have their boats and whatever personal details they want within the club listing on the site.
    Maybe have an annual dinner and dance or whatever, somewhere near the Severn Bridge to equally accommodate North and South Coast.
    UKIP - For derogated red diesel!

Default Re: Bristol Channel Cruising Club?

The easiest/free way would be a yahoo groups mailing list.

Steve

Excellent idea. what about using the events forum on this site to anounce venues add names and boats etc?

Elza_Skip is offline Registered User

I'm up for that.

It would be great just to be able to put out a post or mail when one fancies a bit of company for a week-end trip at short notice

There is (or was?) a yahoo groups thing for bristol channel already, but i stopped looking at it due to nothing happening on it (i thought at 1 point i was the only member). it would be better to have a forum on here cos many people use it and people will see it. IMHO

Why not simply rename this group to "Bristol Channel Cruising Club"? (BCCc) and simply use individual threads within for different events?

Steve

sounds a good idea, i will PM keith and see what he says... Might leave it for a while to be the meet for next year just until everyone is on here!!!

I like this idea moving to watchet with boat in the summer and would love to be involved in a cruising club in the area.

How about dropping the word "Club"? Then peeps like me with a strong aversion to anything "organised" may drop in to look.
    BTW when I visit clubhouses I put down "ISC" for my club. "Oh yes, which sailing club is that then?" "Independant Sailing Chap"
    Never be at a loose end with the http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...el/bowline.jpg [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<span style="color:red">New!...</span>Warrior/Challenger/Voyager owner's website at http://longkeel35.org.uk

Drop the word 'Club'!!! I think 'Bristol Channel Cruising' sounds really dodgey [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    Carry the Card - Transplants Save Lives