Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bristol Channel Cruising Club?

what about 'Bristol Channel Cruising Forum' - i am dead against clubs, nothing but trouble and hassle.

Bristol Channel Cruising Association?

Yeah but look who I might have to associate with [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Never be at a loose end with the Yosemite bowline [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<span style="color:red">New!...</span>Warrior/Challenger/Voyager owner's website at <span style="color:blue">longkeel35.org.uk</span>

How about

"The bristol channel and other waters surrounding the british isles and europe, loosely and strictly non-associated association of people who wish to sail in the same general direction"

we could be called TBCAOWSTBIAELSNAOPWWTSITSGD...

S.

How about abbreviating it to TBC? Sounds like the right amount of prevarication, but you can confirm that later [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Never be at a loose end with the Yosemite bowline [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<span style="color:red">New!...</span>Warrior/Challenger/Voyager owner's website at <span style="color:blue">longkeel35.org.uk</span>

This seems to be a thread for motor boaters, any other sailers out there who fancy this idea?
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I sail to Lundy from Portishead maybe half a dozen times a year, and the thought of "sailing in company" is pretty awful (being a grumpy old scrote). However, arriving somewhere for the social sounds quite good, especially if the previous correspondence gives something to look forward to.

We could keep in PM touch to see if any dates/opportunities coincide, but as regards the Lundy (or wherever) "Meet", I may try show up, but I wouldn't book my holiday to do it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think we have a fair spread of power and sail so it should make for a nice mix. Not so much cruise in company, just arrive and then booze in company!
    Brexit: Taking back our freedom as a sovereign nation.

It would be nice to know there's an online place to keep in touch with stuff other boaters are doing round the Bristol channel :-). As I spend too much time on the net (when not fiddling on the boat), it would be another place for me to hang about on!
    The most expensive possession you can have is a closed mind. It will cost you all your life. It's also bl**dy stupid!

Hi everyone,

I read this site and just registered. I'd be well up for this idea. It's another place besides books, leaflets and the occasional scare on the water to learn from other sailors / cruisers etc.

Damo - I think we met at Portishead Marina the other week. My boat is the clipper Lizzy Drippin. (Yes - I know. Horrific name. But superstition won't let me change it.)

Mike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast