Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Insurance Brokers

Any recommendations on good insurance brokers.. It's time to organise the insurance.

Steve

admillington is offline Registered User

Default Re: Insurance Brokers

Haven Knox Johnston - have dealt with them for 10 years and they have been very good.
    What pays for my boating. www.exclaimer.com

Porthcawl Insurance Consultants Ltd
    01656 784866
    Ask for Steve
    Paul
    St Francis 50 Cat
    http://www.multihulls4us.com

I use Steve at PIC too, very good and efficent and he's in the RNLI as well which makes me feel better. When I made a claim a couple of years ago, he dealt with it promptly and the company paid out with no hassles

Just renewed with Haven Knox Johnston. Looked round but could not find a deal much better, not enough to change anyhow. Did notice though that they were still listing boat as new value from a few years back, obviously you have to specify each year what you consider the value to be after the vast depreciation then premium for lower value is less. Obvious perhaps but missed it last year doh!!

jerryat is offline Registered User

Bishop Skinner. Excellent. Bill Southgate - superb! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have a quote from Haven Knox Johnston, and I'm waiting for Steve from Porthcawl to come back after lunch.

HKJ did knock 44 off the price for being in a marina.

S.

Before you reduce the value David check with them that you have an agreed value policy. HKJ are one of a few where you get the sum Insured after a total loss and not months of hassle.
    They have also deleted the 17 knot under water damage clause and replaced with a new 30 knt clause which will benefit many.

Yes, I would recommend that you get athree quotes.
    I was with a broker for three years and this year after changing 39ft to 50ft boat I obtained a quote for 5k.
    I thought this was a little steep.
    I asked two other brokers to price and they came in at 4.5k and 4k. Interesting thing is that the 5k and 4k are the same policy.
    Keep your sunny side up :-)

I have insured a variety of boats over the years with http://www.noblemarine.co.uk and been very happy with their service.