petem is offline Registered User

Default Fairline Targa 38

Probably old news but Fairline are exhibiting the new T38 at London. I imagine that this will become the new entry level model and that the T34 will be withdrawn. Lots of info/marketing waffle http://www.saltwaterpr.com/asp/story...1&lang=ENG. What do you think?

Note the Azimut style panoramic window. I think it looks a bit dumpy. Hope it's better in the flesh.

Pete

mikef is offline Registered User

Default Re: Fairline Targa 38

Looks like a T37 with an oblong window to me. Its very difficult to do anything different in this size range and I expect Fairline would'nt want to anyway given the success of their Targa range. Jury's out until we see some pics, methinks

admillington is offline Registered User

I can see the Targa 34 going as they are up into the 300 build numbers and that always seems to be when they stop. But why would you buy the Targa 40 apart for the Tender Garage - can see that stopping soon as well.
    What pays for my boating. www.exclaimer.com

petem is offline Registered User

Rumour is that the T40 will be replaced by a T42, which would even out the range.

Whitelighter is online now Registered User

As much as the larger Targa boats are fantastic, I think the british manufacturers like Fairline are neglecting those customers, like me, who are at the start of their boating lives.

I think the marine industry has much higher brand loyalty than say the Automotive industry, and I think the range would benefit from a boat around 30-32 feet in length. Currently it is only Sealine who accomodate that level of buyer and I think Fairline might suffer as they move towards Princess/Sunseeker in terms of range.
    Half a dinari for an old ex-boater