Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Diesal IMHO

Default Red Diesal IMHO

Why is is that a fuel that was originally for agricultural use and marine engines being defended so well by the marine industries customers?

I think its because, you've been getting away with using it for personal use for so long, you'd rather not have to pay the extra.

I have a diesal land rover, so why I can't I use red d in it?? You can use it for your boats for personal use, why not a car??

Pink petrol!! Thats the way around it. I just think the whole ordeal has been blown out of proportion.

IMHO, of course.

Default Re: Red Diesal IMHO

Your trolls over plastic teak were better...

Rick

No such thing as plastic teak!! You have plastic, then you have teak but not the two together as one, its a bit contradicting saying plastic teak

Anyhow answer the question, don't try and belittle my posts or threads - try and be constructive and have a debate about a hot topic, OK?

Until 2 Jags & Tone pay for their own fuel and all politicians are put in touch with the reality of life at their own, rather than taxpayers, expense (including pensions) then all fuel should be VAT free. Where's the "Value Add" in a necessity for life?

In my not so humble opinion!

Ah yes but its not the VAT rate that's changing is it? or is it? Any case, its only 17.5% inflation, we're all used to paying shed loads for fuel for our cars why not a little extra for a boat - Why should boaties be any different to the rest of us?

Hell - you're not a boatie.

Because the cash we splurge on boating trickles down and supports an army of small businesses maintaining, repairing and servicing our follies. Then that same army buys the goods and services we provide which pays for our boating addiction.

If the chill winds of full price fuel blow, fewer will buy into baoting and when I come to sell my latest and greatest it will have depreciated even further.

How many civil servants and local govt employees do you know with boats?

Default Turkeys voting for Christmas

Hi DCL,

Not sure if you've noticed, but this one's been done to death already. It even has it's own forum...

I would have thought that as a part of the marine industry, you'd have a vested interest in keeping fuel costs down, not arguing for an increase. If all our hard-earned is going on fuel, there's no dosh left for fripperies like teak decks etc.

And you a so-called businessman too [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames

Default B..........off!

Do us all a favour and stick to crap fake teak.......which as i saw last w/e on a RIB looks awful when its not clean. Just looked like a piece of cheap plastic - oh yes , that was it is of course,silly me.

Default Re: Turkeys voting for Christmas

nah, catamarans that use petrol outboards won't be affected too badly.
    No1_Moose

Default Re: Turkeys voting for Christmas

my cat uses a diesel outboard.
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast