Default Sealine strategy

Interesting to see that the new Sealine MD is an ex-Land Rover production director. This following Sealine's decision to close their own sales outlets and rely on agents seems to suggest the company will focus on build quality and efficiency, and let others do the selling. Seems to make sense to me, so long as they get the styling right as well, this is after all a luxury product.

Default Re: Sealine strategy

[ QUOTE ]
    an ex-Land Rover production director

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    will focus on build quality

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm 'Land Rover' and 'build quality', unusual to see those two in the same sentence.
    Charter Blackfeather here
    http://www.blackfeatherboatcharter.com/

I wouldn't agree. Land Rover used to have a bad reputation but I have now had 2 Range Rovers of the new type. The first I bought 2.5 years ago and did 37k with only 1 fault and that includes minor rattles as well. The latest one is only a month old but so far all is well.
    So I think Land Rover have improved substantially and if he can bring this expertise to the boating industry then it will be good news for Sealine and all boat owners because the others will have to catch up.

AJW is offline Registered User

[ QUOTE ]
    I wouldn't agree. Land Rover used to have a bad reputation but I have now had 2 Range Rovers of the new type. The first I bought 2.5 years ago and did 37k with only 1 fault and that includes minor rattles as well. The latest one is only a month old but so far all is well.
    So I think Land Rover have improved substantially and if he can bring this expertise to the boating industry then it will be good news for Sealine and all boat owners because the others will have to catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because the RR was designed by BMW and built by Ford........

mikef is online now Registered User

Umm, that'll be as lardy as the latest Disco, as ugly as the current RR and bottom of the JD Power survey for customer satisfaction. Sealine are doomed