Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Music quiet enough .... + photos

I agree ... but you know what some are like ....

As its a family do - that is actually already a req't to be reasonable about volume ....

We did have option for a Disco console ... but we decided that it would be enough for a portable boom-box !!

Don't forget peeps ... please take plenty of photo's .... digi especially ... I would like to "album" the best into a presentation ... (best laid plans and all that .... - glutton for punishment !)

Default Re: Music quiet enough .... + photos

Arrive Saturday prob early afternoon
    Harold Hayles
    Mobo - 25ft
    2/3 Adults
    Dingy, no [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] will we have to swim!!

Also may well need assistance as still getting used to new boat! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

galadriel is offline Registered User

Will be in on Friday PM.
    Galadriel
    Two adults
    Sail 35ft
    Yarmouth harbour (pontoon booked)
    Do have a dinghy if needed
    "You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you"
    Roger Waters 1972

Default for Etap-owner

Hi, I've only reserved Sat. pm. for the 'rally'...

Friday you're on your own!

Default Music choices

[ QUOTE ]
    anything, especially country (sorry Sharon!).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind a bit of country myself....it's Linda on Lara you'll need to apologise to! but as long as we keep her topped up with G&T she'll be fine [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Default Re: Last minute check-in !! Important Please read and reply.

Hi Nigel and everyone else
    Arriving Yarmouth Saturday mid afternoon
    Have booked with Harold Hayles for pontoon mooring for Sat and Sunday night.
    Motorboat SeaZi 37foot
    Me and SWMBO and 2 kids (8 & 12)
    Have own dingy
    Music:- "Bee Bop Deluxe" & "Blue Oyster Cult" - carry own CD's around but never allowed to play them so would welcome the opportunity to give them an airing

Would also like to follow someone down from Cowes to Yarmouth on the Saturday pm as all my crew get scared when I'm in charge !

"Also may well need assistance as still getting used to new boat! "

Happy to help out when you arrive as I am sure there will be plenty of us there, and happy to help out on the tender front, just give us a looksy round your new boat but not swmbo as she wants one !

Sounds good!! Welcome to have a nose round the boat!

Not knowing Harold Hayles is it alongside in whatever space is available or is it allocated berths / finger pontoons??

If alongside are we going to be rafting and if so how deep?

Really looking forward to it but still VERY nervous with the close quarters stuff [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Guess just going to have to practice more [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've got clearance from the missus to bu@@er off to the IOW this Friday and Saturday and have a practice, less peeps around then

Default Harold Hayles ....

Is straight pontoon length - so its raft up alongside each other I'm afraid.

New HM berths are fingers and rafting I believe.

For Harold Hayles ... please I ask nicely ...

HH booking is to max number ........ so we need to be extremely careful how we use the space. It's part of the reason I asked for the Last minute Check in !! But I am not allocating space etc. - we'll all be gentlemen on this !!

There are various types and sizes of boats coming - all with different freeboards and LOA's ... this means that rafting should be started BEFORE pontoon gets full. If you have boat that is suited to alongside another already there - it would be good if you could raft. If we get pontoon full and then start to raft - it will create a problem and mean hefty arms to pull and re-arrange placings ...
    It is also requested that wherever possible you squeeze up nose to nose / tail etc. with as small a gap between boats as poss.

Use of mooring cleats ... birds nests and other cleat filling styles - please don't do it ... others will need to use the cleat as well.

Finally Electrical hook-up .... HH has domestic 3 pin house style sockets - so anyone who has marina plug will need to make up a conversion cable. Also there are sockets under the upturned green bins ... you don't all have to connect to the Marina box at inland end of pontoon !!!!

Sorry about the Lecture - but I think it better that all know before we get into a right ol'mess !!!

Cheers