Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Many thanks

Default Re: Many thanks

I have a blue genoa and a white main. The blue was originally the Catalac colour- they had the sails died a specific colour, but there isnt any of that available anymore, so the new main had to be white!
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

In his perpetual pursuit for adventure we hit every piece of wash at 30/40 knts. at least mother and daughter got wet this time [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We were south of you most of the way past Cowes and saw you peel off around Gillkicker whilst we continued East

I'll second that, great time and great company. Even Nigel didnt mind the teasing!! We love you really!! Had agreat sail back (yes in a Centaur) but arrived to early at Ryde so we did loads of cirlcles and practised our hove-to which is now stored for future use on Blue Moonlight. I think most of the wind today was caused by the crew and skipper of Blue Moonlight inside teh cabin after the wine and beer!! Cheers all and many, many thanks especially Nigel (Well done)
    Albin Vega "Southern Comfort" V1703

www.albinvega.co.uk

Hi Tome there was another Catalac with the blue sails that creamed past us even with all our sail-tweaking on Blue Moonlight - must put the engine on next time! What a cracking sail back we had to Ryde.
    Albin Vega "Southern Comfort" V1703

www.albinvega.co.uk

And THANKS from me, brilliant time, well done and well done to everyone for turning up, I couldn't believe that raggies could make it through that storm from Hell to get there [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have left the boat there so will be performing tricks next weekend if anyone is around [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I was in the chandlery at Mercury marin and the guy working in there mentioned that some very experienced customers said that Saturday's weather was the worse and most unusual they had seen in the Solent, must have been the winds [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Quite a good breeze around Gilkicker !
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

Default Thanks are to YOU all for actually getting there ....

Considering the wind-over-tide sea-state etc. ..... I was impressed by number who made it.

I only gave an opportunity - You lot made the party .....

GREAT ..... absolutely enjoyed every minute ......

My thanks to all .....and a pleasure to have done it for a great bunch of people ....

True grit was shown skipper. When all us crew were quivering wrecks you held fast and got us there.

When the going gets tough the tuff get going, once a Commando always a Commando [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast