Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Deck Shoes - is it just me?

Just LOVE deck shoes! Well, on the boat, I'm just as likely to be wearing trainers, but for posh events where I have to wear leather shoes, deck shoes are IT! I even have black ones, suitable weddings/funerals. I prowl around boat shows looking for good cheap ones.
    Have to be really careful if ever I buy shoes from a shoe shop. Most of their stock seems designed to cripple.

One thing I inherited from my pappy was sweet smelling feet, I just don't get foot odour at all. Until...

I wear trainers without socks and then they require medical disposal bags at the end of a hot day. How do you cope with wearing trainers on the boat regularly?

Or do you wear socks, yes I can see it now, white trainers, grey socks and arsenal shorts, finished with a Breton Cap! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Default Re: Not just you - they\'re rubbish

I prefer Tennis Shoes now ..... they let feet breathe via the fabric surround ..... the soles are white with that soft grippy "squiggly-pattern" ........... and at a bargain price via most Market stalls !

Failing that - a cheap pair of Market trainers ....

I must admit though - I did think "Deck-shoes" or Moccasin Shoes as one shop USED to call them in the old days - before the Yottie World got hold of them - have a comfortable and easy feel to them ... except when you do up those daft leather laces too tight !!

Default Re: Not just you - they\'re rubbish

I have to say that I went back to my chiuldhood and bought myself some cheap, slip on, blue canvas yachties and they have been fantastic. Furthermore, if they were to wear out/get lost etc, they cost less than a fiver anyway.

KISS I suppose?

Vara is offline Registered User

I've been trialling these for the last year,non slip,washable and cool(temp)in wear.
    http://www.aigle.com/en/detail-artic...p;article=1616

For laces I use a couple of those button push things that are used on the drawstrings of fleeces.
    Formerly known as colmce.
    http://www.seafieldfarmcottages.co.uk

You've made my mind up ! My Dubarrys finally expired after 15 yrs - including wearing for dog walking etc - I even re-stitched them but sadly [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] they really have fallen apart. We bought them half price [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and admittedly it took me about 5 years to wear them in ! I bought a cheap pair at a jumble 12 months ago and they've already cracked across the sole. But HWMBO promised me a new pair for me birfday and I've been umming and aahing - now I've decided - Dubarry it shall be and d**n the price ! I don't think Dartmouth does half price ! Oh and the non-slip lasted just about 15 years so I don't know what Pandroid's decks are made of ? !

Default I can never undestand why people buy moccassins..

..with apron fronts. When standing at the helm I always got a pool of water forming in the dish created by the apron welt on the front which would gradually seep through the stitching to make my feet feel as damp as the murky UK weather I was trying to enjoy myself in for all those years.

Yes the soles were very slippy too after a few weeks.

I am now on my second pair of American "trainer style" deckies which are fully ventilated and a joy to wear in a Greek summer.

Steve Cronin

Default Cheap canvas blue\'s ....

Great ............ but only trouble I find with them - the white sole surround over the glue join tends to open up and small stones etc. get trapped in there ......

Of course I used to have "up-market" ones with rope around that bit !!

Blue socks. Get mine 5 for a fiver with colour coded heels 'n toes...

Tip - with trainers its good to buy loose fitting ones - don't get as smelly.

Donald

pessimist is offline Registered User

Don't be too hasty have you looked http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...45/page/0/vc/1 or http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...47/page/0/vc/1.

I want you to have only the best.
    Politicians. Just say no.