Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: OK - who want\'s to go?????????????

Kev

Keep in touch then - I am unlikely to be ready for such a fast departure; and am always tempted by Swanage FIreworks on the Saturday night with a run over to the CIs on the Sunday morning if everything looks rosy weather wise!

I have to say reading the MBM log of the CIs cruise this year makes somewhat sad reading - and these were big boats! Normandy cruise looked good fun though.

Finaly - is St Marlo worth the mileage? If we are only over for say 5 nights? Thoughts?

Default Re: OK - who is up for August BHOL

So,

I have not yet talked SWMBO into it but I may be up for a trip the August BHOL, are you and Pete going a second time?

Cheers

Paul
    Boating is the only thing that keeps me sane!

hell the first time will be something!

If he doeas the Ostende run his virginity will be in doubt........ [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Duncan,

Fair enough......but I get the feeling he is very keen! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lets see closer the time what we can sort out

Cheers

Paul [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    Boating is the only thing that keeps me sane!

Well, I'm a novice at this message board stuff but (a) I have a Cinder 22 at Ridge Wharf just below Wareham (b) although I have a yen to take her over I'd just decided XChannel was too far having done it last year in a 30+ footer but (c) wise people change minds and this sounds like a helpful idea. How big are your boats? I'd add that Redclyffe YC have a date in their diary for a crossing (Weymouth as an alternative) on Fri 1 Sept. Also, I'd not skipper myself but seek someone more experienced and 'happy' with a boat as small as mine. I am a Little Ship Club member, too, so have some options to explore. Comments please!

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the forum.
    From the list of other possible travellers, it looks as if the trip would be done at relatively high speed. I don't know if this is possible for you or not but suspect Duncan will reply to you in the near future.

Elizabeth - welcome to ybw.com!

this particular sub forum is designed to bring together like minded people who are looking for a little company to take that first crossing. For some it's the confidence of a little more experienced heads, for others it's a group hug comfort thing (more boats = more safety). Many boats of every size and shape leave Poole and the Solent at this time of year without a second thought - some of those have helped me in my quest to explore in the past.

Most of the boats already contributing here are around the 25ft mark and expecting to cruise at around 20-25knots if conditions make that suitable - this is not by design ; it's just happened that way.

If you are a displacement boat then you will need to find similar craft to buddy up with on the trip. Simply by saying what you are and what you are hoping to do on here someone may turn up!

Duncan, definately would love to do a later august run. Cant do first 2 weeks. Concern would be looking at others showing interest and probable cruising speeds (gc1 49knts and all that)that I have only got a falcon 23 which will cruise at around 20knots but top whack only 26kts. Would want company as a newbie and first timer cross channel with only longer passage experience when bringing back the boat from westbay to gosport with help from BrendanS in May this year. Right up for it and very confident in my boats ability to do it while very aware of my own lack of experience helming, hence my desire to get involved in this trip. Would love to come if your happy to have us along pending weather and dates etc.

Cheers

Andy.

Andy,
    Hoping that people will get together as suits them.

GC1 can fly at any speed he want's but I am in the same cruising speeds as you !

keep in touch

Default Re: OK - who want\'s to go?????????????

I am up for after 15th August.
    Big comfy Moody 38CC.
    Can take nervous pasengers, and act as a support boat if needed.
    Starting from Plymouth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast