Thread: Argie bargy

Default Argie bargy

Can anybody PLEASE tell me what kicked off the bunfight yesterday? I switched over as soon as the last penalty was saved, and in all the footage shown today you can only just see the feet of the nice southern american gentleman and then the german player falling to the ground. Did the german bait him? It seems strange he was that far away from the rest of the celebrations. I'm desperate to you 'cos I'm a bit of a rubbernecker on these things, sadly.
    Cold, wet and tired....by association.

Default Re: Argie bargy

Well I didn't see the argiebargie bit, but the Argies were rather p...ed off at losing, or rather, for losing the way they did. Certainly, they made a grave strategic error subbing Requilme after their goal, thereby telling the world they were going on the defensive, but I think they were really upset because a penalty kick was not granted them when Rodriguez was tripped in the area (yet another ref error). Why oh why don't they use the TV like in rugby?
    ad damnum pecuniae per navis

Yes, Argies and Germans starting fights. Who would have expected that,eh? Very unusual.

River Plate revenge p'rhaps?????

maybe. Except er that was Uruguay?

Damn this Cruzan.................. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Besides, there are several German-speaking communities still in Argentina. I passed one near... Fray Bentos (but on the Argie side of the river, FB being in Uruguay). Which makes this a Boaty Post and therefore suitable for Scuttlebut!
    ad damnum pecuniae per navis