Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I hate Ronaldo - and here\'s the proof he\'s a cheat

Ronaldo is a total winker [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

cheers Joe
    "It was the crew's fault"

Like every other incident the 'injured' Portuguese player got up and played at full capacity very quickly, even immediately if his acting skills didn't generate the desired foul/yellow card. Those guys could dive better than Jacques Cousteau!

That doesn't excuse Rooney either. although he was undoubtedly provoked. Ronaldo quite clearly has passed his sell by now at Man U with the fans, except that with Alex Ferguson's hatred of England that might even be to Ronaldo's favour.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

think you might find that Ronaldo is probably Real Madrid bound anyhow.

thank god [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

cheers Joe
    "It was the crew's fault"

I think we should all stop and take stock here.

Rooney is being challenged by two portugeezers and instead of diving like they would have done and getting a free kick he tries to stay on his feet and when the two of them eventually bring him down his foot goes accidently / or meant to and bruises the poor chaps family jewels. Watching the ref at the time, he looked to me like he was waiting for the situation to calm down when he would have (I think) given Rooney a yellow card but Rooneys team mate remember comes up and tries a bit of gamesmanship at which Rooney pushes him away telling him to eff off and gets himself sent off rather stupidly for reacting to it.

If anything good should come out of the whole affair, it should be that the cheats and sneaks like the Portugese should be stopped. Remember they didn't just do it against the English but also against the Dutch in the previous round.

Also a few years back there may have been a case for too many fouls made in order to stifle the flair players and I can understand FIFA / EUFA attempting to stop this by ordering the refs to crack down on it, but it has maybe gone too far now football is after all a contact sport of Attack and Defence, if we do away with contact we do away with defence and this might give Sepp Blatter and them the loads of goals they crave for the TV ratings but the game will die as a spectacle.

I mean if you want to see real violence then watch Rugby. When those guys aren't sticking fingers up their a***s, gouging out eyes or prep work for facial surgery they're trying to bite each others b*****k's off.

Bollocks, Rugby is a contact sport in the old fashioned sense, and despite it being so physical in terms of body contact, there is very little violence seen either on pitch or off pitch, that football seems to cause. Certainly very little on field violence seen at the top levels of rugby.

[ QUOTE ]
    Certainly very little on field violence seen at the top levels of rugby.

[/ QUOTE ] Hmm. SWMBO was friends with Paul Ackford (ex England International and Sunday Telegraph Rugby Correspondent) at Uni. Some of his stories about what happened in the scrums, when no-one could see what was going on, were - literally - eye-watering. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Itis apis spotanda bigon etoo

"Bollocks, Rugby is a contact sport in the old fashioned sense, and despite it being so physical in terms of body contact, there is very little violence seen either on pitch or off pitch, that football seems to cause. Certainly very little on field violence seen at the top levels of rugby. "

That must be why they wear the crash helmets then is it?.

I can't think of one case where a footballer has been threatened with a GBH/ABH case but there have been several involved with Rugby.

TV sportsjournalist and amateur rugby player John Inverdale felt so strongly about what happened to him on the pitch and the sport in general he went to the police and had the guy charged.

Well look like Rooneys been banned for two matches for violet conduct.
    Maybe someone should tell him which ball he supposed to play with.

If you think only Portugese players dive look at this
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12