Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My own cosy little world where nice things happen and life is beautiful all the time

Default Re: Can someone explain this to me...

BTW, who won the World Cup spitting competition, the diving competition and the whinging at the ref competition?

Portugal won most of them. And the "playing like a girl" trophy. Actually, I take that back as being insulting to girls.

Maybe, but general whinging, complaining and being sore losers competition definitely won by english [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Its because anyone who gets a red card has his case considered by FIFA to see whether further punishment is merited. In Figo's case, he got a yellow card and FIFA cannot consider the case further because the ref considered a yellow card sufficient punishment
    The real questions are these. Zidane was red carded in the final clearly on the evidence of the 4th or 5th official who either saw the incident live or on the telly. If so, why was'nt Figo red carded in the same way as the 4th or 5th official in that match must have seen the incident? Secondly, in the Premier League in the UK, the League have the power to review incidents after the match whether or not any card was issued by the ref. Why dont FIFA give themselves this power?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12