Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherbourg 2006

Default Re: Cherbourg 2006

Normally so much is consumed in cherbourg that the options for the return are either quiet desparation in a bunk lying horizontal or a vow never to touch the demon again (at least until the IoW is in sight!).
    LAst year we found ParaHandy's creative skills sustained us but he may not be allowed out to play this year....
    Skype no: cutter1203

Hi all; looks like I will be free 15/16/17 Sept this year; so yes please to any free berths that are going (still boatless myself)
    I can do badges again if required...

Cutter et al - a tentative "yes, please" ... do I understand correctly that you are Keeper of the List? We shall be 4 (I believe) on an Island Packet 370 ...

BTW, superb choice of Fuchias in St.V - book the conservatory! And I would agree that in CHBG the yacht club would be best, if available ... it's comfy, convivial, convenient and the chow's not bad, IMO. An alternative idea would be something non-French traditional (since one would be hard pressed to better Fuchias!), e.g., North African ... last year I had a decent meal at a place called Botan, walking distance of the port ... just an idea to contribute ...

Msg me, please, for any info or confirmation about joining you lot for the Cherbourg jolly ...

Still on the high seas but have temporary wifi access in Falmouth, next stop Dartmouth then thinking of popping over to Cherbourg for a chat with the yacht club

So plan is St Vaast Friday 15th then Cherbourg Saturday 16th. First choice will be the yacht club if available

I'll contact Cutter on our return for a pow-wow/ jar and update this forum

there is good Wifi coverage in Cherbourg now, through netaboard. Cost 6euros for an hour though.

previous issues with the yacht club have been caused by the clash with the annual RORC race. just checked their website which is showing it as being the previous weekend so we should be OK.

TK may be able to remind you of the best man to talk to.
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings

Default Chbg YC Resto contact

Pascal Ganadu

0033 2 33 53 02 83 (phone)

0033 2 33 53 29 51 (fax)

They're not very e-mail aware (or at least weren't 12 months ago)
    Next time, it'll all be different.

am available for crewing if anyone needs anybody. Can't miss out on this annual event can I?

Please send a pm

thanks

Jane
    "You do not ask a tame seagull why it needs to disappear from time to time toward the open sea. It goes, that's all."

I'm hoping to go but, it's not definate yet, I should get it sorted later this week, or early next. If you're not fixed up by then I will be in touch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12