Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August

Default August

I am going to try to get out for a week in august - anyone else about?

Default Re: August

Not for a week, but if you make it as far as Swansea on the weekend then give us a shout.

Steve

will do, but it will be weekend to weekend - so might be in swansea mid week-ish

Can't get down mid-week. I now work in Aylesbury in Bucks so am away during the week.

The only day I might take off other than for days I am specifically saving for (house move + paternaty + xmas) is to go to Sibs.

S.

not sure if i am going this year to be honest, i have been for like 4 years now... unless i can sneak in a suitcase of soltron and start a stand [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Never been before - Thought about going last year before I bought Harlequin, but with one thing and another didn't get to go.

I heard so many people saying that you needed a 7-series BWM on a chain around your neck and a transparent suitcase full of use 50 pound notes to even get a look around a lot of the boats... (Paul excluded of course! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Can you get much in the way of bargains there? I'd love a more powerful 2-stroke outboard before they are banned, but something about 15hp is sooo expensive.

Maybe I could settle for a new fender or two.

Steve

Here are the 6 steps to having fun at SIBS

1) Get on to a X make i.e. Brooms - get your cheque book out and ask how much the boat is

2) Fill in the cheque

3) Right cancelled on it and rip it up

4) Say, if you had not sneered at me i would have bough this boat

5) Walk to another make

6) Person with the most sobs/most number of salemen chasing after you wins [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The trick is to wander up and say 'one of my friends/colleagues bought one of these last year. Have you made any changes to specs since then. Mind if I have a look around?'

It helps if you actually have a name of the 'friend/colleague' if the salesman enquires who it is you know, so bone up on recent purchases on the forums. Trader is obvious of course. Maybe we could make a list in advance! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

yes, thats a good one! the best look is the cheque book out and start writing it!!

Just looked at the exhibitor list and it's a shame that Belliure are not exhibiting.. their MY48 definately looks like something I could invest any lottery winnings on....

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast