Default Nanni 14hp Forward Gear Problems

Howdy Folks,

Have a little Nanni 14hp and a great engine it is. Lately I've been having difficulty when selecting forward gear. If i put it in gear with anything above idle revs it just revs...no turning of the prop...if i just move it into gear...it thinks about it for about 3 seconds then starts to turn the shaft, then i can apply any power i want. Reverse is absolutely no problem. The problem appears to be worse when the gearbox hasn't been used for a while or if it is cold. Gearbox oil was changed about a month ago and did have water contamination from a previous bit of bad luck...source of contamination now removed....say no more. Also had a rope caught around prop about 6 weeks ago.

I have cleaned & lubricated the selector lever externally and it appears to have improved things.

I'm hoping I haven't fecked the gearbox with the rope. I'm hoping it was just a dirty selector lever and the problem will go away once the ATF oil penetrates teh selector shaft...

Anyone any experience of a problem like this and what was the cause?

Exapp

Default Re: Nanni 14hp Forward Gear Problems

Looks pretty much like a slipping disc, probably knackered I'm afraid.

Worth checking if the drive lever is moved all the way by the remote, though. This may also cause a similar behaviour.
    Gianfranco

OVNI 385 "Shaula 3" http://www.shaula3.ws

Drive lever is being moved all the way by remote but the horizontal movement of the selector doesn't happen if the lever is moved far enough to normally cause gear selection and throttle. If the drive lever is moved to a position that normally causes forward gear but with idle throttle then the selector lever will move forward and after a couple of seconds it will pop out horizontally as it should do to select the gear.

Talbot is offline Registered User

Suggest that knowledge of what gearbox would be rather more helpful than what engine!
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

It's a Technodrive TMC40, standard on the 2.5HE engine

Howdy Exapp
    I have exactly the same problem with my Nanni 14. Did you resolve the problem. If so could you advise on resolution. Many thanks