Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I\'m getting GC1 withdrawal symptoms!

Where are you Pete?

You haven't posted on the forum for at least 7 days! Hope you are not ill or worst still lost at sea??

I saw a great safety gismo you would love to have, its a wristband tag just like they give prisoners when they are out on probation! everyone on the boat wears one and if you go outside a 10mtr radius its sends out a MOB to your GPS, you would always know where you daughter was!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you could keep an aye on the wife as well!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Hope all is well,

Barry

pheran is offline Registered User

Default Re: I\'m getting GC1 withdrawal symptoms!

Masochist!!! Quietus non movere. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    YOUNG AT HEART - other parts are offered without warranty.

Barry, he is definitely alive and kicking. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Met up with him yesterday afternoon awaiting lockin. Advised him he should have a flybridge model as we were looking down on him - didn't seem that impressed [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Geoff

Hee, hee, lol.

I bet he was a bit peeved! mind you he told me he was looking around for a 48 footer! so it won't be long!

Barry

Default Re: Weird but true

Seeing as he is not around to read (not that he shows a lot of interest in other peoples posts anyway) I would like to say that after meeting GC1 and crew I was pleasantly surprised to find someone who was

thoughtful
    generous
    helpful
    entertaining
    organized
    polite
    and witty

Thanks also to Duncan and Geoff for making us welcome at their beach BBQ who also shared many of the above attributes.

As a relative Newbie I was concerned at meeting forum members and I have not met too many but to date I have found all to be very helpful, friendly and incredibly generous from offers of free moorings to free use of cars.
    That along side the help on here from you all as an immense knowledge bank makes me feel privileged to be part of this forum.

'Lets be nice to GC1 week' starts today, or lets be even nicer and backdate it a week [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Default Re: Weird but true

[ QUOTE ]

thoughtful
    generous
    helpful
    entertaining
    organized
    polite
    and witty

'Lets be nice to GC1 week' starts today, or lets be even nicer and backdate it a week [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Youve done it now daks cgi will have upgrade to a bigger boat with large doors etc [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

duncan is offline Registered User

Default Re: Aw shucks........

and you're nice too............ [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

moe seriously I echo your observations - having met a couple of hundred forumites now I can't think of any I wouldn't want to share a beer with; some can be a touch more antagonistic than Joe Public but it's all part of that elusive search for (boating) truths..........

Kawasaki is offline Registered User

Default Re: Aw shucks........

I feel a "nice" Clique Foruming! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

"Advised him he should have a flybridge model as we were looking down on him "

Brilliant LOL flybridges rule ok

What's all this about Bazza, I turn my back to concentrate on trying to get my allowance from swmbo increased and people think/hope I've left, well lucky for them I'm still around.

I have been busy doing more risk assessments, this means that as a result of my report I have recommended to myself that a number of additional safety devices are installed on my boat with immediate effect, luckily I agreed with myself and have actioned my recommendations, these are :-

Auto bilge and new control unit (only manual fitted)

Seperate auto bilge alarm

406 EPIRB (already bought)

New trim tab rams with integrated sensors displaying positions on an led display

A Galvonic isolator (the boat manual states it has Galvonic insulation but nobody knows what the hell that means so getting this fitted as a back up)

Navionics chart to PC software (let's you view your Gold chart on a PC)

Volvo cathode protection system to protect both legs from the secrets in the depths of Chatham marina

MOB control unit and 12 wristbands

Palm plant

Sprayhoods for life jackets (now bought and fitted)

My risk assessment is a living document and is checked on a weekly basis, so I have another couple of weeks before the boat show to see if I need anything else. The boat is being lifted Wednesday for the rams and electronic gizmo's to be fitted, I may need an inch or two more painted to my anti fouling line or a bigger boat as I never realised until I did a risk assessment and health and safety course in the summer how vulnerable I was, or is it better not to know?

As I am now trained, I don't mind helping others to look over their boat for hazards.

As to those who I met over the summer, sorry for appearing shy, that's just me. It was a pleasure to meet you all, shame the weather was a bit pants but there is always next year, bigger boat bigger cruising range [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]