Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So who is going to St Vaast on Thursday then?

Seems like the winds are going to be light and from the west on Thursday, in fact all the sites I looked at seemed to suggest very little wind for the whole week end. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hope we dont get the dreaded fog.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, Peregrine, with 4 on board (including Talbot and SWMBO) will be leaving Yarmouth about 0500 bound for St Vaast aiming to get there before the gates close. If we dally on the way we will park on the putty outside overnight and see you all in the morning. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Default Re: So who is going to St Vaast on Thursday then?

Metcheck are making some rather unconvincing noises about the remains of Hurricane Florence heading for Europe, if that helps?

Hope to see you in St Vaast (I'll be the fat, beardy bloke on StugeronSteve's "Two J's"). We're aiming for the 2.00 am gate, so if you're on the putty, and you can hear a bunch of foul-mouthed malcontents in the distance, discussing the merits of tomato soup and floating winch handles, that'll be us.
    Itis apis spotanda bigon etoo

We will be there Thursday afternoon, all been well,

Departing from Langstone harbour about 0200hrs hoping to make it by 1700. (just before the gate closes.)

We shall be aboard Karis a weterly konsort.

now look jhr lack of wind will make a pleasant change...........so pleasant that if the forecast stays put I am now looking to get over! Couldn't join a sensible boat for the trip as I can't get to Poole until Sat morning, didnt want to use the ferry as it would be embarassing all round to bump into Ken......... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

However it's only a forecast at the moment!

Should be there early pm on thursday, Leeveing Pt Solent 23:00 Wensday. Geoff what radio channel you going to be on
    Pat
    Sorry for the spilling

Dependant on crew arrival times we will be leaving Hamble 21.00 to 23.00. Has anyone determined a VHFchannel we can all check in on?

It was suggested on another thread that souisant-neuf (69) may be spookily appropriate...... It is an approved intership channel...... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pat, I will listen out on Ch 69/16 as has been suggested elsewhere.

Will lookout for you once inside harbour.

Geoff Will be on DW 16/69.
    Sailfree, is you leaving on the wensday eve, if so I be looking for your lights
    Cheers
    Pat
    Sorry for the spilling

Cornish Maid is leaving very early Thursday morning, to arrive in St V close to opening time of the gates, so I can go shopping.

There will just be me & him. Hope it isn't too cold during the night. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
    See my Flickr account, www.flickr.com/photos/BeckyH1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast