Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: So who is going to St Vaast on Thursday then?

Amaya planning to leave Thursday 5 am and will head straight for Cherbourg and waddle around Friday morning unless we reckon to make the afternoon lock St Vaast. The boys like a beer on arrival and don't fancy the idea of hanging off a hook watching the world inside quenching their thirst

We're dragging an acre of weed and haven't had time to visit the barbers so not expecting to break any records. However, we have the new space age game-boy instrument fit (chartplotters, AIS, new radar) so plenty to keep us amused on our ponderous journey

4 EBBs on board, looking forward to the weekend

Home Herts UK, Boat in Morbihan S. Brittany

Debern will be leaving Southsea 05.00 Thursday hoping to make the pm lock. Will listen and call on 16/69 for 'Scuttlebutt' to see if anyone is out there. If the wind is light we may not make the lock b4 closing, eta. 1800 fst.

ayesha leaving 0330 Friday pm and hopefully in for pm lock and dinner in Fuscias
    Now just 2 peeps
    Skype no: cutter1203

Becky we have two crew members on bord that want to have a quick look around the shops, Shona & Sarhar, if you like we can have a crew swap for a couple of hours, we take care of Richard and look at some brown bottle shops.
    Patrick
    Sorry for the spilling

well as more than just the planets come into allignment it increasingly likely that Phaeton will make the trip but I can't leave Poole until late morning Sat unfortunately so St Vaast is out [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

hastily looking around for my darts to while away Sat afternoon (evening/night) with Tom's crowd........... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

We're still probable for St Vaast, but it will depend on fair winds.

Has anyone contacted Fuschias to see if eating their is a genuine possibility?

Not made a restaurant booking yet, will probably do so tomorrow when we have a better idea of the weather. Looking at Metcheck it would appear that the best chance of a sail across will be on Thursday.
    Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.

fridays starting to make a late run in the race for the best strength/direction as of 12:50 Tuesday. Looks like I could be motoring for a good time of my crossing, (bxgger) yesterday it was looking good for my time slot. Bloody forcasts there as about reliable as the weather
    Sorry for the spilling

I am always cautious about planning times according to weather forecasts this far ahead. My experience is that while on the whole the forecasters will be right about what happens, they may be significantly wrong about when it happens.

I hope to leave between 21.00 to 23.00 Thursday, hang off hook at St Vaast for some kip if we arrive early for pm lock on Friday.

WARNING - last month in St Vaast saw a couple of collisions and ALL boats being swept into the harbour SIDEWAYS for the 1st 30min after lock gate opening. I do not remember it being so bad previous years. Suspect either delayed lock gate opening or high gate leakage during low water.

Able to be witness for one UK boat that got T boned by a French boat going sideways while UK boat was steming the tide and stationary over the ground. French boat insists UK boat in the wrong as engine was going and they were in forward gear at time of collision hence making way. Anyone care to venture an opinion on the rights and wrongs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast