Join the editorial team at the UK's leading boating website!
Location: Blue Fin Building, Central London, SE1 0SU
Hours: Permanent, Full-time
Role reports to: Editor
Direct reports: Yes
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
YBW.com, IPC’s high profile marine portal website, is looking for a talented person to help manage content and deliver a dynamic, must see site for all aspects of the marine community. YBW.com is Europe’s largest marine community website with over 5 million page impressions and over 500,000 unique users per month generating significant revenues for the brand.
Working closely with IPC’s marine brand teams, (including Yachting World, Practical Boat Owner and Motor Boat & Yachting), you will support the YBW.com Editor in maximising traffic opportunities by helping the teams deliver unique, compelling and SEO friendly content, video, newsletters and social media.
The ideal candidate will have had some experience in an online environment and have basic HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop and experience of content management systems. Video editing skills would be an advantage.
Knowledge of the marine market is not essential, but a passion for online is!
Working for the YBW.com editor, the successful candidate will:
- Work effectively with publishing, business development, editorial and marketing to implement agreed content and traffic strategies
- Support the brand teams and encourage them to use all available CMS tools and best practice SEO to maximise the value of their sites
- Champion new digital formats and online developments, such as i-pad, video and social networking
- Work with the editor, marketing and editorial teams to implement social media strategy, overseeing day-to-day social media activity
- Update YBW.com, create email newsletters and support the production of magazine, 3rd party and editorial newsletters
- Manage to day-to-day running of the brokerage website
- Prioritise requirements for YBW.com’s technical developments and liaise with Inspire Digital to achieve this
- Seek opportunities to engage with – and build – online communities and support the Editor in monitoring YBW.com forums
- Monitor competitive sites and undertake statistical reporting for all websites with relevant tools. I.e. Hitwise, Google Analytics and Omniture
- Deputise for the YBW editor when necessary
- Knowledge of HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and I-movie are an advantage