Find out just what exactly makes Land Rover's Discover 4 so special with our tech spec
– Winner of 36 awards since launch in 2009
– CO2 emissions down from 244g/km to 224g/km on entry-level 3.0 LR-TDV6
– Power increased from 245PS to 256PS on higher power diesel and CO2 down to 230g/km
– New ZF 8HP70 automatic transmission comes with rotary gear shift selector and paddle shift
– Entry-level audio and navigation systems now compatible with Bluetooth, DAB& USB/iPod
– Premium Harmon Kardon LOGIC 7 now boasts 17 speakers and 825W of power
– Rear Seat Entertainment now available via WhiteFireTM wireless technology
– ‘Say What You See’ voice activation system
The outstanding 211PS 3.0 LR-TDV6 diesel remains the
entry level choice for Discovery 4 customers in European markets conforming to
EU5 emissions regulations. For 2012, the engine has been further improved with
a reduction in CO2 emissions from 244g/km to 224g/km thanks to a low-flow fuel
injection system and a new, highly efficient, ZF 8HP70, 8-speed automatic
transmission.This new 8-speed transmission benefits the high powered 3.0 LR-SDV6 with
an increase in power output from 245PS to 256PS and helps drive down CO2
emissions from 244g/km to 230g/km.
In conjunction with the new transmission, the Discovery 4 is now
equipped with the rotary gear shift selector and steering wheel-mounted paddle
shift. All EU5 models are equipped with a diesel particulate filter
(DPF), making them among the cleanest diesel engines on the market.
In addition to the driveline improvements, the Discovery 4’s design and
equipment levels have been given a makeover too. There are two new alloy wheel
designs, three new option packs and improved audio and navigation systems based
on the latest MOST Gen 2.1 electrical architecture.
The entry-level audio
system has now been upgraded with a colour screen replacing the previous black
and white unit and available with Bluetooth, DAB and USB/iPod connectivity.
Also for the first time, the audio system is available with a non-navigation
The new GEN 2.1 provides enhancements to the Premium Harmon
Kardon LOGIC 7 system with an astonishing 825W of power through a 17-speaker
system whilst the new ‘Say What You See’ voice command on premium systems
allows the driver to use spoken shortcut commands.
“Improved performance, lower CO2 emissions and enhanced design and equipment levels, consolidate the Discovery 4’s position as the most capable and versatile all-purpose vehicle on and off the road today. The Discovery 4 is quite simply in a class of its own,”said John Edwards, Land Rover Global Brand Director.
You can download a detailed tech spec by clicking here.