When buying a boat there are some key steps you should follow to make sure you get the perfect boat for your needs. Here you'll find Motor Boats Monthly's top tips to buying a boat.
Buying a boat advice: market research
You have considered your budget and type of boating, now use the internet and magazines to research what’s on offer when buying a boat.
It’s important to be practical about your boating choices but you have to like what you see, so make a note of the brands that appeal stylistically.
Here are some recommended sources for your market research:
- YBW Boats for Sale – Browse thousands of boats for sale to get a taste of the market and prices.
- Motor Boats Monthly – motor boat reviews. Independent, free reviews of the latest and most important motor boats on the market.
- Yachting Monthly – yacht reviews. More free reviews but this time for the yachting enthusiast.
- YBW boat reviews and tests – an archive of over 3,500 articles which you can buy online.
- Motor Boats Monthly – Focus is practical boating, with honest and comprehensive tests of new
and used craft from sportsboats and RIBs, right up to 60-footers.
- Yachting Monthly – Yachting Monthly is at the heart of the British yachting market and is
for people who actively sail their boats – whether cruising across the
channel, around the coast or further afield in blue waters.
- Motor Boat & Yachting – MBY’s boat tests are acknowledged as the most authoritative in the business and its technical coverage is without equal.
- Yachting World – Yachting World is the most widely distributed and most international sailing magazine in the world, reaching over 100 countries.
- Practical Boat Owner – Practical boat maintenance advice and boat reviews from the UK’s biggest selling boating magazine.