Seriously good looking Doug Peterson Baltic 42 DP from 1983. She had a major refit 07/08. Her main use has been family cruising with the occasional race; she does both well. A quick cruising yacht yet comfortable and fast when out on the racecourse.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
SEA PAWS was primarily used for family cruising throughout New England. She was occasionally raced in club events and proved quite quick. She went through a major update in 2007/2008 with all new electronics, sails, bottom fairing and 4 coats of barrier coat and new Awlgrip.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Fiberglass and balsa sandwich construction.
- Dark blue AWL-Gripped hull (2008).
- Bottom bead blasted and 4 coats of inter protect 2000 (2008).
- Teak decks including cockpits.
- Bottom faired and repainted yearly with Baltoplate.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel.
- Fin keel with balanced spade rudder (new Rudder 2001).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 50hp 1996 diesel engine.
- New engine mounts (2005).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: 1,690.
Propulsion & Steering:
- PYI dripless shaft seal (2009).
- 2 Blade Max-Prop
- Elkhide on Steering wheel.
- Voltage Systems:
- Battery compartment and most wiring has been replaced.
- 12 V DC service batteries 4 x120 Ah (2018).
- 12 V DC starting battery 120 Ah (2014).
- Battery combiner (2007).
- Xantrax 2500W Inverter/Charger.
- 72 Amp alternator with blocking diode (1996).
- 72 Amp alternator spare.
- 110v AC shore power with several outlets.
- Shore power cord.
- Xantrax 2500W inverter (2008).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water heater (2007).
- Electric bilge pump with automatic float switch.
- 2 x WHALE Gusher manual bilge pumps (2005).
- Total capacity of 170 litres in 3 tanks (45 US gallons).
- Total capacity of 605 litres in 3 tanks (160 US gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Forward holding tank.
- Propane bottle under starboard helm seat.
- B&G H3000 (2008). All systems integrated with GPS.
- 1 x H3000 GFD display at nav station (2008).
- 2 x 20/20 displays at companion way (2008).
- 2 x H2000 FFD in cockpit (2008).
- Halcyon H2000 Fluxgate Compass (2008).
- B&G masthead unit (2008).
- B&G H2000 ACP 2 autopilot (2008).
- Actisense NMEA Autoswitch with computer interface (2010).
- B&G Zeus2 Chartplotter a wheel in cockpit (2018).
- FURUNO Navnet vx2 GPS, Chart Plotter, Radar (2008).
- ICOM 504 (2010) with Ram mike in cockpit wired to GPS.
- ICOM 802 single side band with AT-140 Tuner (2008).
- Ships Clock and Barometer.
- Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- Fresh and sea water foot pumps.
- Stainless steel 3-burner propane stove with oven (2008).
- Electric propane solenoid (2010).
- Top- loading refrigerator with new Norcold compressor and cooling plate (2018).
- Ample storage and counter space.
- Manual head forward (2005).
- Manual head aft (new 2018).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Hella or like fans throughout.
- Sony stereo with auxiliary input.
- Speakers in main salon and cockpit (Cockpit speakers 2018).
- LED tri-color running lights (2018).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Forward cabin with V-berth, storage underneath.
- V-berth filler to make double berth.
- Hanging locker.
- Head with shower.
- Shelves above berth on both sides.
- Next aft is the salon with a U-shaped settee and drop leaf table to starboard, straight settee to port, storage behind backrests.
- Pilot berth on one side, cabinets outboard above settee on the other side.
- Next aft to starboard is the L-shaped galley.
- Opposite to port is the nav station.
- Next aft to port is the aft head with shower and entrances both forward and to the aft cabin.
- Aft cabin with centerline queen size berth.
- Hanging lockers.
- Seats on both sides.
- Several storage lockers.
- Blue ultra suede interior cushions.
- Windows replaced (2018).
- Head and main cabin hatch lenses replaced (2018).
- I: 56’ / 17.06m.
- J: 17’8” / 5.38m.
- P: 50’ / 15.24m.
- E: 13’10” / 4.21m.
- Double spreader aluminum mast by Baltic Yachts, anodized black.
- Navtec rod rigging (1993).
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang (rebuilt 2010).
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster (rebuilt 2018).
- Reckmann headstay furling (rebuilt 2010).
- Two spinnaker poles
- Reaching strut
- Harken mainsheet traveler (1997)
- Harken adjustable genoa leads (2005)
- Running rigging continuously updated.
- Lewmar 65 A 3 speed primaries in center cockpit.
- Lewmar 58 EST 2 speed electric secondaries in aft cockpit.
- Two Lewmar 40 A 2 speed spinnaker winches at mast.
- Two Lewmar 44 C 3 speed genoa winches at mast.
- Lewmar 30 C 2 speed main halyard winch at mast.
- Two Lewmar 40 AST two speed main sheet winches in aft cockpit
- Two Lewmar 30 A auxiliary winches in center cockpit
- Various winch handles and snatch blocks.
- 2008 Carbon Main.
- 2008 Pentax Genoa 150%
- 2000 Sobstad Roller furling jib 150% (new sun protection 2018).
- 2001 Spectra Main
- Older #1, #2, #3, #4 headsails.
- Spinnaker staysail
- Several symmetrical spinnakers.
- Radar pole on stern.
- Stanchion gates on each side.
- Stern mounted swim ladder.
- Deck prisms in main cabin.
- Stern pulpit grill.
- Lee clothes on all bunks except v berth.
- Teak cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 35lb Lewmar Delta Anchor (2018)
- Lewmar 8 Plait Anchor Rode 10’ chain 200’ line.
- 22lb Danforth Anchor in anchor locker
- Fenders and Dock Lines.
- Fire Extinguishers (2018).
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- DesignerDouglas Peterson
- LocationUnited States
- Length12.8 m
- Hull MaterialFiberglass
- Beam4.06 m
- Max Draft2.41 m
- Displacement8.35 tonnes
- Ballast Weight8,057.9 lb
- Engine 1
- Make: Yanmar
- Fuel Type: diesel
- Propeller Type: Inboard