Shiny example of these luxury globetrotters from Discovery Yachts and Ron Holland. Fully equipped Discovery 55 for effortless bluewater cruising. Benefits from 2016 mini refit that included new sails, standing rigging, most systems worked through. Superb maple interior bright and airy. Change of plans has brought the yacht back to the market. Ready to head for the sun.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Yacht built to meet MCA specification to meet coding for 60 miles offshore. Includes, metal through hull fittings in engine room, upgraded pipework in engine room, upgraded sea water chest, and upgraded sea water strainers.
- Composite construction with end grain balsa core providing strength, thermal insulation and acoustic insulation.
- Layer of Kevlar to the forward part of the hull adding to the hull strength.
- Non-pigmented gel is used below the waterline to help prevent osmosis.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout for added strength and osmosis prevention.
- 3 x Layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- Hull Moulding in Flag Blue, boot top line red over white.
- Topsides painted flag blue 2015.
- Antifouling in blue. Micron 66 to be replaced with Micron 77 2017.
- Stainless steel rubbing rail on gunwale by cleats.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Composite construction with end grain balsa core providing strength, thermal insulation and acoustic insulation.
- Marine ply, stainless steel or alloy is used in all load bearing areas for added strength.
- Teak capping rail and decks.
- Joined to the hull with epoxy paste and stainless bolts for security.
- All bulkheads are laminated into the deck for strength and stiffness.
Keel & Rudder:
- 9,500kg (20,500lb) shaped lead keel and a depth of 7’3” (2.23m) provides a ballast ratio of 42% providing maximum stability.
- Semi balanced large Kevlar reinforced rudder.
- New rudder bearing 2015 & 2017.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp; fresh water cooled.
- Gearbox ratio of 2.68:1.
- Stainless steel Morse control.
- Separ fuel filter with alarm.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 4000 February 2019.
- The main engine has been serviced in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
- New shaft seal Jan 2017 and spare on shaft.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single lever controls at cockpit pedestal.
- 1060mm 42” leather covered stainless steel wheel controlling a Whitlock Mamba, solid rod steering system.
- 3-bladed 24” diameter feathering Gori propeller with ‘overdrive’.
- Rope cutter.
- Maxpower 125 composite 10hp tunnel bowthruster.
- Oversized autopilot.
- Emergency steering tiller.
- 24v System.
- Double 220v socket fitted at forward outboard galley, plus double aft outboard galley.
- Double 220v socket fitted next to the bookshelf PHS.
- Single 220v socket fitted at saloon seating, adjacent to Eberspacher outlet.
- Single 220v socket fitted on the bookshelf at the end of the chart table, also one at floor level under chart table.
- 12v socket on pedestal.
- 12v socket on mast.
- 12v socket in locker by navigation station.
- 2 x 12v sockets under spray hood.
- Numerous other 220v sockets located in/at:
- Forward cabin.
- Pullman cabin.
- Navigation station pedestal by chart table.
- Under navigation station.
- Aft cabin port.
- Aft cabin starboard.
- 12 x 2v sealed gel batteries for house, providing 500 amp/hours at 24v.
- 1 x 120 amp/hour start battery for engine. - Replaced Jan 2018.
- 1 x start battery for generator. - Replaced Jan 2018.
- Blue power Victron battery monitoring panel.
- House battery charging via shore power (220 or 110v) or onboard 11kW generator and charger.
- Battery charger – allows yacht to be charged with any input voltage (suitable for USA).
- Dedicated charger for engine and generator batteries while on shore power.
- Eclectic Energy D400 wind generator on dedicated mast at stern.
- Balmar 97 series 100 amp hour alternator for 24V supply.
- Yanmar 55 amp hour alternator for start batteries.
- 11kW Onan generator.
- Additional sound insulation for generator, very quiet.
- 230v/50 Hz shore power.
- 32 amp shore power cable plus adaptor to allow 16amp charging.
- USA shore power option.
- 3kW Inverter providing 230v/50 Hz.
- Isolation transformer for all incoming shorepower.
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout.
- Hot tub plumbing.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold fresh water system.
- Pressurised sea water for deck wash and electric toilets.
- 50 litre insulated calorifier with immersion heater new element Jan 2019.
- Hot & cold stern shower.
- New fresh water pump July 2018 + spare
- Spare seawater pump
- Seafresh H206A watermaker, 102 litres/hr.
- Total capacity of 1,334 litres in 3 x tanks (344 starboard aft, 600 port aft, and 390 port forward).
- Total capacity of 1008 litres in 2 x tanks.
Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 120 litres in 2 x tanks.
Grey water holding tank:
- Total capacity of 150 litres.
- Two American GRP tanks and 3 Calor tanks
- Upgraded antenna mast for KVH satellite broadband.
- ST70 depth and ST 70 wind instruments on pod above companionway, plus ST70 log.
- ST70, autopilot control display, fitted on pedestal.
- Raymarine SPX30 corepack for full MARPA facility.
- Raymarine E90W chart plotter & integral radar display on pedestal.
- 4kW HD Raymarine radar inc. display on helmsman’s pedestal. New in 2016.
- Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS antenna.
- Raymarine E120w.
- Raymarine Smart Pilot Controller – handheld wireless remote autopilot.
- Raymarine AIS650 Class B send and receive Transponder. Fitted as a replacement in 2012.
- Raymarine ST70 Display.
- Icom 505 VHF/DSC with second station at pedestal, fitted with loud hailer on mast.
- Icom 801 SSB.
- KVH Fleet track phone FB250, phone and data – Broadband.
- Furuno Navtex.
- Wi-Fi antenna fitted to the transom, including socket at navigation desk.
- Wireless Wi-Fi router for FB250.
- Handheld satellite phone with dedicated Samsung tablet. NB transferrable sim card with 400+ minutes remaining available by separate transaction.
- Permanent gas supply and bayonet fitting for gas barbecue, on aft deck.
- Stainless steel BBQ on pushpit.
- Washer/dryer in aft shower compartment.
- Stainless steel self-contained fridge unit.
- Stainless steel self-contained freezer unit.
- Force 10 3 - burner cooker stainless cooker.
- Light and extractor fan; 3-speed fan.
- Head taps in chrome.
- 2 x Electric WCs with fresh or sea flush.
- Hot and cold aft swim platform shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Full tropical air conditioning.
- Eberspacher Hydronic D10w central heating. Three zones independently controlled.
- 6 x 3-speed fans fitted in cabins + 2 in galley.
- Pair of speakers in saloon Cockpit speakers recessed adjacent to the helm position.
- Alpine 9861 DVD/CD/tuner, multi region with iPod interface.
- 19” Flat screen TV on Companionway bulkhead.
- Light switches fitted adjacent to companionway on port side.
- Overhead lights in chrome.
- Nav. desk night light installed in headlining (red light) over chart table – switched.
- Red and white switched lights above chart table, floor night lights in red.
- Reading lights fitted 2 x in aft cabin, and 2 x in foreward cabin.
- Single boom light.
- Hella LED navigation lights, plus tricolor.
- Mast has a 24v deck flood light.
Summary of Accommodation:
- All main saloon windows are double glazed toughened safety glass.
- 2 x Front opening windows in saloon.
- Opening hull ports at galley and in owner’s cabin.
- Joinery in Maple.
- Retaining catches on floor hatches.
- 2 x Overhead Lewmar hatches in saloon.
- Teak/holly 40 x 4mm spacing laminate flooring throughout.
- Corian surfaces in heads and galley; in grey Macadam in the galley and Atlantis blue in the heads compartments; with non-standard moulded in hand basins in white corian.
- Full walk-in engine room.
- Lee cloths throughout colour in standard Beige.
- Stainless steel door handles.
- Push button catches in large chrome.
- Large overhead hatches, 1 in forward cabin, 2 in saloon, 1 in aft cabin. All Lewmar with Ocean Sky fly screen/blackout blinds.
- Small overhead hatches, 2 in Pullman, 2 in forward heads, 1 in galley, and 1 in aft heads. All except galley and forward heads hatch over shower have fly screen/blackout blinds.
- Port lights - 2 in aft heads, 2 in aft cabin, and 3 in galley. All have removable fly screens.
- Opening transom port light with Gebo fly screen in aft cabin.
Description of layout from forwards:
Main Forward Cabin:
- Large island berth.
- Fabric Majilite Novasuede Dune.
- Concealed Shade/Mosquito Screen.
- Ventilation grills fitted to high level locker doors, either side of the forward cabin berth.
- 2 x Drawers, wardrobe, shelves and large cupboard.
- Dorade vent.
- Upper and lower berth.
- Fabric Majilite Novasuede Dune.
- 2 x Hatches, with fly screens.
- Wardrobe forward and shelved cupboard aft.
- Drawers; with major drawer storage beneath bunks.
- 220v electric heated towel rails.
- Electric WC – fresh/salt water (switchable).
- Separate shower compartment.
- Centre of saloon table has insert so that it is flush when folded up, item covered in baize to prevent it from damaging the table top.
- Fabric is Panaz Panalux in Burgundy with cream piping.
- Saloon table top open with compass rose, veneer with sycamore inlay and cherry cross banded edge.
- Canvas cover for table.
- Concealed Sky screens (shade/Mosquito) to both Saloon coach roof hatches.
- Navigation desk in standard pod arrangement.
- Bookshelf fitted behind centre saloon seating forward bulkhead, also further bookshelves above wet locker.
- Lockers fitted outboard of navigation desk.
- Grab handles fitted on companionway.
- Drinks cabinet in table support. Wine storage locker.
- Clock and barometer.
- Fabric Panaz Brookland Burgundy faux leather re-upholstered in 2016.
- Larder with 4 x basket drawers.
- Double drainer stainless steel sinks.
- Corian Dump sink.
- Removable Corian covers for sinks.
- Various cupboards and drawers.
- Force 10 3 burner cooker with extractor fan over.
- Under floor storage.
- 2 book shelves, 1 over fridge and one over sink area.
- 2 x wardrobes in aft cabin each with shoe shelf at bottom and additional shelf inside to aft.
- Aft section of aft cabin wardrobes are opening to create extra storage.
- Bookshelves in aft cabin, below port lights port and starboard. Further shelves aft of bed either side of transom port light.
- Centreline Kingsize berth (6’6” long, 5’9” wide).
- Sprung mattress for comfort.
- 220v electric heated towel rail.
- Tecma electric toilet - Fresh or Salt water.
- Separate shower Compartment.
- Access to engine room and Washer/Dryer.
- Deep centre cockpit for safety and comfort.
- Large drains to remove water quickly with steel grating to stop smaller items being lost.
- Deep shaped seat backs for maximum comfort and safety.
- Substantial teak cockpit table with drinks holders.
- Water resistant cockpit speakers.
- Single steering pedestal.
- Fitted cushions for cockpit.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Hot tub with H/C freshwater.
- Teak grating.
- Fresh water washdown.
- Custom Selden Spar.
- New standing rigging 2016.
- Electric in-mast reefing.
- White spars.
- 2 white whisker poles, one stowed on mast and one stowed on SHS toerail.
- Selden electric Furlex for both headsails.
- Selden rod kicker.
- Radar reflector – Echomax (active).
- Radar reflector – Echomax (passive).
- 2 x Spinnaker halyards (halyard, splicing, swivel snap shackle, cranked top bracket on mast, turning block and spinlock jammer each.
- Emergency handle for in-mast reefing.
- Integral boom preventer.
Winches (upgraded to Andersen):
- Electric mainsheet winch upgrade from manual winch to Andersen (52ST).
- 2 x Andersen 2 speed electric sheet winches (68ST).
- 1 x Andersen electric winch (54ST) on coachroof.
- 2 x Andersen manual (46ST) on mast.
- 2 x Locking winch handles.
- Solent rig, reaching Genoa, self-tacking jib and in mast furling leach batten mainsail.
- Vectran Genoa fitted January 2016 made by Kemp.
- Vectran self-tacking jib fitted January 2016 made by Kemp.
- North Sails main sail in Soft NorLam white fully vertically battened fitted January 2016.
- Kemp Cruising Chute with snuffer 2018 (unused)
- Main 68.14 sq m.
- Jib 54.3 sq m.
- Genoa 88.3 sq m.
- Sail Number GBR 5531.
- Pulpit and pushpit. Flag staff holder on port side, and life ring holders.
- Flush style stainless steel dorade at front and 2 raised raised ‘plastic’ dorade vents aft.
- Bathing ladder with hot and cold freshwater shower.
- Side ladder mounts.
- Folding Steps in port and starboard lazarette lockers and sail locker.
- Lockable latches on all deck locker hatches.
- Antenna mast fitted to transom starboard side for the broadband antenna, Wi-Fi etc.
- Antenna mast fitted to transom port side for D400 wind vane.
- Grab handles run along the saloon coach roof.
- 2 x U bolt fitted, on the capping rail just aft of the forward 1st stanchion, one port, one starboard - to use for Main boom preventer lines.
- Boarding gates and stanchions.
- Satin finish varnished cockpit table.
- Teak grating in aft cockpit.
- 3 U-Bolts fitted in the cockpit for safety harness attachment.
- Emergency tiller.
- 1 x Ensign staff.
- 2 x American style GRP 9KG propane gas + 3 calor bottles with switchable regulator.
- Pushpit mounted stainless steel barbecue.
- Dive compressor fitted under forward bunk. Not presently commissioned.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar V4 vertical windlass and capstan.
- Fitted remote control for windlass at wheel pedestal. 2 deck buttons at the bow.
- Stemhead and rollers for main anchor.
- Self-draining chain locker; saltwater pressurised deck and anchor wash located in the chain locker.
- Spade 55kg anchor.
- 100m of 10mm calibrated chain.
- Anchor snubber.
- FX55 Fortress kedge anchor.
- 10m chain plus 50m octoplait nylon for kedge anchor.
- Kedge anchor support on starboard side rail.
- 12 x Mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel anchor roller for kedge.
- Additional stainless steel anchor roller fitted on port side.
- 6 large navy blue inflatable pro-stock fenders 3 white fenders.
- 3 x 18mm 15m braided 12 strand HT polyester mooring warps 2 with sliced eyes.
- 2 x 18mm 10m braided 12 strand HT polyester mooring warps with sliced eyes.
- 3 x 18mm 15m nylon mooring warps.
- 1 x Boathook.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood in beige - new 2016.
- Bimini top in beige; attaches to spray hood - new 2016.
- Bimini side and back panels.
- Pedestal and wheel cover in beige.
- Cockpit table cover in beige.
- Rope bag in beige.
- Dinghy cover in beige.
- Fitted cockpit cushions including helm seat cushion.
- Back rest and cushions for 2 dolphin watching seats forward, and 2 ‘gin & tonic’ seats aft.
- Deck cover - mast to stern.
Tender & Outboard:
- Manual davits (150kg load) fitted; suitable for 3.4 rib and 20hp engine. Spare wires for davits. Currently using dyneema.
- 3.4m dinghy with 20hp Yamaha engine new 2017 less than 1 hours use to date.
- Outboard bracket on pushpit – accommodates 20hp outboard.
- Davit for outboard motor.
- Stainless steel stanchions.
- Strong webbing Jackstays.
- 8 man Iso 9650 type 1 Ocean liferaft; in pushpit frame with hydrostatic release.
- Mcmurdo 406 EPIRB new June 2017.
- 2 x Horseshoe sets.
- Inflatable Jon Buoy.
- Throwing line.
- Navigation day shapes.
- 5 x Dry powder fire extinguishers new June 2017 (with older spares).
- 1 x Fire blanket.
- 1 x Engine Room automatic fire extinguisher.
- Full set of Manuals for all equipment with Index.
- Substantial inventory of spares.
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- DesignerRon Holland
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Length16.8 m
- Hull MaterialFiberglass
- Beam4.78 m
- Max Draft2.23 m
- Displacement22.5 tonnes
- Engine 1
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4LHA-HTP
- Fuel Type: diesel
- Propeller Type: Inboard