The partner of a woman who died with her daughter has been charged with manslaughter after they suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning

A boat owner has been charged with manslaughter following the deaths of his partner and her daughter in the Lake District.
Kelly Webster, 36, and her 10-year-old daughter Lauren Thornton died of carbon monoxide poisoning in April last year after inhaling generator fumes onboard a moored motorboat.
Matthew Eteson, the partner of Ms Webster, has been charged with manslaughter by gross negligence.
A Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) report found fumes from a detached generator had filled the privately-owned boat while the group slept.
The report also found that the boat’s carbon monoxide alarm was not connected to a power supply so it did not go off.
Mr Eteson, 40, woke with breathing difficulties and attempted to revive the mother and daughter but was unsuccessful.
The pair were treated by paramedics and airlifted to Royal Lancaster Infirmary where they died.
A Cumbria Police spokesman said: “We, along with the MAIB, began a joint investigation and a file of evidence was referred to the Crown Prosecution Service.
“The family of Kelly and Lauren have been supported by officers throughout the investigation and have been kept informed at each stage. They continue to receive this support from officers at this time.”
Mr Eteson is due to appear before South Lakeland Magistrates Court next Wednesday.

Related articles