The Moelfre RNLI Inshore Lifeboat crew was called out after the inflatable partially capsized off Red Wharf Bay in Anglesey, North Wales.

Members of the Moelfre RNLI inshore lifeboat crew were tasked by Holyhead coastguard to reports of an “out of control” inflatable off Red Wharf Bay on 5 June.

There were reports that the vessel’s occupants were in the water.

On arrival at the scene, the crew found several people on the beach and a person in an inflatable heading out towards a yacht moored off shore.

The lifeboat helm, Dwynwen Parry made straight for the dinghy to ascertain if there were any people unaccounted for.

It was quickly confirmed that all the inflatable’s passengers were safe and well on the beach.

The vessel had partially capsized in shallow water, throwing the occupants into the water.

They made their own way to shore and the vessel was brought under control by an onlooker when it beached in the shallow water.

The inshore lifeboat transferred the remainder of the yacht’s crew ashore.

The vessel’s owner continued on passage to the Menai Straits.

Moelfre Station mechanic, Vince Jones said: “It was a very speedy response by our volunteer crew, and we had to get our inshore lifeboat there as quickly as possible in case people were still in the water.”

He continued: “Although the exact story was unclear, fortunately everyone was safe and well but this could have turned out to be a very different story. It’s a good time to remind people about the importance of engine kill cords and the use of lifejackets.”

On returning to station, a Mayday call was broadcast from a vessel that had hit rocks and was aground in the Puffin Island area.

The exact location of the speedboat was unknown.

The Moelfre inshore lifeboat was diverted to the Mayday call, along with the all-weather lifeboat, Kiwi.

Kiwi’s VHF radio direction finding equipment was used to locate the vessel and the inshore lifeboat was sent to investigate.

The speedboat, which had two people on board, had hit submerged rocks, causing damage to the engine.

Due to the very low spring tide, the inshore lifeboat towed the vessel into deeper water.

Here, the tow was transferred to the Beaumaris lifeboat crew, who had also been tasked to the incident.